CLOSED: free large Passiflora caerulea - Raleigh, North Carolina

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

I'm giving away a Passiflora caerulea plant to anyone who can come to pick it up at my residence in Raleigh, North Carolina. The plant is one year old, bloomed profusely last summer, and is currently growing in a 10" pot, trained on 3 five-foot bamboo stakes, tied teepee-style, with lots of branches cascading over the stakes. It's in good, healthy condition, with a number of strong shoots and plenty of leaves --not quite as vigorous as my others (it got the shadier spot this year), but well worth the trip to pick it up. It is NOT a junk plant, otherwise I would have thrown it away.

If you're interested, please send me a D-mail. First come, first serve. Also, I do not deliver.

Thumbnail by mikulas
Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

Oh, and a few more details: This is a blue-crown Passion flower/ passion vine that is winter-hardy in North Carolina. I've seen several impressive specimens at Duke Gardens, J.C. Raulsten arboretum, and even in Chapel Hill, all planted outside year-round. Very easy to grow, with lots of fragrant blooms every spring/summer/fall.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Mik-
Question - you list as Carrboro 7A - is Carrbora 7A - I am in Hillsborough and I thought we were 7B Zone.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

You just might be right -- I was looking at the USDA map when I put myself down as 7A, but I couldn't tell quite where my address fell -- my map wasn't detailed enough for me to judge.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, Ok - often the borderline plants don't make it here ---like lantana which is sold as a tender perennial in 7B, I thought maybe I have been confused about the zone. And of course I may be!!

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

OK folks I think the chart has been up dated and we are now warmer than 7 LOL

Lavina- who has a house in Raleigh and on the crystal coast.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Boy....do I wish I was close enough to come get that baby!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.