I really miss.....

(Zone 4a)

The clematis photo's and chat already.......pathetic right? LOL

Delaware, OH

well, for most of us not in a year round growing season it is time to go dormant and gather strength for next spring's growth and blooms...just like the clems. i kind of like to think of it like that. i do miss the fun of the early season and summers warm growth. but it does give a respite from it all. i couldn't take the intensity i put into the clems year round!!!!
but that said, i will miss the fun and wonder of it all, but less so as i know it will soon be back and all the joys that the spring season will bring.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I agree, Dawn!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Athens, PA

I miss them too.........

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Delaware, OH

love ville de lyon. just love it. what a true and faithful friend.

(Zone 4a)

So pretty - I do agree! I am so happy I planted one this past spring! I can't wait to see how she does this spring!!!

Woodstock Valley, CT(Zone 5b)

Nice, I planted two Ville de Lyon to intermingle with my Galway Bay roses on each side of my arbor this fall...let's hope they look like that next year! Also got a couple Niobe and a Comtese de Bouchard....oh and an Arctic Queen....

Liverpool, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh, boy, do I miss em. It's winter in Syracuse, New York today. They have ALL gone to rest for the winter and a long one. I have one question. This summer my clematis, for the first time, had something chewing no their leaves. Mostly newer ones. They left the vein and ate the rest. Very bizarre, any ideas???? Thanks.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Could easily be earwigs. They're fond of clematis.

Google EARWIG DAMAGE (under "Image") and you'll see. They can skeletonize leaves.

This message was edited Nov 20, 2008 9:00 AM

Liverpool, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks so much I will check out earwigs. I thought perhaps slugs due to the damp summer we had. I have never seen that kind of damage before.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Slugs tend to make holes but earwigs eat everything in sight.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.