Chainsaws... no longer a mans world!

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm shopping for suggestions on purchasing a chainsaw. I have used electric chainsaws and have a fair amount of experience. My last electric chainsaw was destroyed in a fire. I am now shopping for a new one and think I would like a conventional gas saw. Not enough electrical cord to do what I need to get done. I have a generator but loading and carrying it to the cutting site is a pain in the derriere'. After extensive health problems, DH is no longer able to use his large chainsaw. I was unable to use it either and was glad the fire destroyed it also.

I will use this saw for smaller shrub and limb trimming. I will use it to remove smaller 8 to 10 inch diameter trees which are at a 45 degree angle to the ground thanks to IKE. Again, thanks to IKE, I will use it to cut larger downed limbs ( 12 to 15 inch diameter ) up for firewood. I also have a couple of dead hardwoods in open areas that need to come down. I am comfortable with these projects and will leave the more advanced projects to tree removal services.

That said, I am a 5'6 female weighing in at the lower 130s. Having had some back difficulties, I want and will require one of the easy start features on this chainsaw. Also, I am thinking a shorter blade will be easier for me to use. One of the saws I was admiring was a Stihl but haven't sold DH on the better quality Stihl saw yet.

Any advice, any suggestions, any ideas please??? Also, any recommended blade length suggestions?

Older but still trying to be openminded! LOL Thanks in advance, pod

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!