Nutrition for Dialysis and Chemo patients

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Looking for nutrition/meal ideas for dialysis and chemo patients. I am the primary caregiver for my grandmother who is on dialysis 3 days a week and my dad who is getting ready to start chemo. I know that my grandmother should stay away from foods high in potassium and phosphorous. Unfortunately, that covers most of the things she would eat. She is a very picky eater and doesn't like vegetables at all, except for carrot souffle, which she thinks is candied sweet potatoes, she says she doesn't eat carrots! lol

My dad was recently diagnosed with colon cancer, which has spread to the liver. He had surgery last week to remove a large colon tumor and also had his gallbladder removed. We see the oncologist Tuesday to discuss starting chemo.

I really need suggestions on good healthy meals I can fix each of them to deal with their individual issues. thanks!

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!