November OT Blooms

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

No one has started a November thread yet so I guess I will. Lots of color out there to enjoy before it gets really cold.

Chrysanthemum 'Debutante'

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Football Mum 'Homecoming'

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

'Ivory Pinwheel'

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

'Matchsticks'

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

matchsticks too.....just love this one.

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

'Ruby Breithaupt'

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

what beauties.
bonnie

(Zone 1)

Wow! Such colorful blooms! Really nice! I Love the one named Matchsticks! Perfect fall color .. and that Ruby Breithaupt is wonderful too. I adore yellow blooms!

Great photography too!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Beautiful!!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous mums and Matchsticks is exceptionally nice with the 2tone color and the spooned petals.

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

I love Mums......just when you think your garden is dead they come blazing to life. Can you grow them in Florida? Does it get cold enough for them where you live Lin?

My DH gave me a 12.1 megapixel camera for Christmas last year. All I do is point and shoot, the camera does all the work. Love it!
Rox

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow! thanks for posting these beautiful pictures!

(Zone 1)

Rox, We grow Mums down here as seasonal container plants in the fall and winter. I had one potted mum once that survived for a long time, it actually died down and re-emerged in the fall for about 3 or 4 years! But, usually we grow them just in October, through November then switch to Poinsettias through the holidays. I had a beautiful huge Poinsettia growing in my front yard for years until we had a hard freeze once and it never came back. A friend of mine has some really pretty ones in her yard, if her DH hasn't mowed them down ... haven't noticed them lately and will have to look next time I'm over at her house! Her DH sometimes gets carried away when pruning! My husband sometimes is the same ... I have to watch him carefully when he's doing yard work! Something about Florida men and their string trimmers, they think everything in their path has to be cut down to ground level!

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

LOL I don't think it's just Florida men, my DH is the same. Unless I have a fence up around it he'll mow it down. Or run over it with his truck!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

MEN! Yes...gung ho with those string trimmers...power equipment lol!

A litle fall color, These are still hanging in there. Nothing fancy but I like marigolds best in the autumn.

Thumbnail by GoldLeaf91011
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous! I love that combination........the tree just sets off the color of the flowers. Beautiful.

South, TX

Just took this photo. This bird vase was my Nana's. I have her collection of birds now.
It is so pretty. Has three holes. This is just a few blooms I picked outside today. I love Nasturtium, Strawflower and Cuban Pea blooms so much.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
South, TX

Wrong pic. This did not resize well. Try again. Wish we could edit pics.

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

Charming vintage bird vase, Sally, and so pretty with the vibrant flowers.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Av_ocd_girl, is there any plant you don't grow? Those are the greatest looking mums. We don't have cool enough weather except for the 'ugly' mums. (lol)

Williston, ND

if you let us have power tools we WILL use them,

LOL

JIM

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

LOL-- my man REFUSES to run a string trimmer near my plants-- then sets back and laughs when he hears me swearing 'cos I got 'em. JIm--for my birthday this year-- I got a chop saw (to make planter boxes), valentines day- an electric tile saw (for my mosaics), bd last year-- drill press(to make unusual pots out of tea cups etc)-- I still want the cement mixer (for my hypertufa pots, concrete sculptures AND to mix the voluminous amounts of potting soil I use)!!

Williston, ND

If i get my wife tools,she loves them ,maybe i will this year,i did see a neat her tool set
at one of the stores I go too,

hmmm purple too ,so maybe the boys wont be tempted to use girl tools,LOL

JIM

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

At the home expo in missouri this weekend, they're giving away a set of pink power tools-- to far to go, but I would like to have them!!

(Zone 1)

There are those who think making Pink Tools is condescending to women. Hey, I Love Pink! I've seen pink hard hats, pink gloves and now someone has wised up and decided to make pink power tools for women ... we need tools to fit our smaller hands! I just had to google:

Pink ladies tools: http://ladiestoolsonline.com/colors.asp?c=pink

and how fun ... a Tool Party! Tomboy Tools: http://www.tomboytools.com/parties.asp

And ... The same place (Zazzles) where we buy DG stuff - a Pink Coffee Mug with a cute saying! http://www.zazzle.com/i_am_woman_with_power_tools_mug-168679142620764702

I like the Pink Gardening Tools too! http://www.builderssquare.com/xp_8877522-Apollo_7_Pc_Pink_Garden_Tool_Set_American_Fulfillment_838378003251.aspx

I've also seen some flower tools, not pink but really pretty ... would make any job a bit more enjoyable when your tools are this pretty: http://www.presentprovider.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=63

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Sally, that is a gorgeous vase. I LOVE vintage vases. You just can’t find anything like that anymore. And if you did it would cost a fortune. Beautiful flowers too.

Gail, I really couldn’t tell ya if there’s anything I don’t grow. If I find it, I’ll grow it. LOL I love all plants, but I really haven’t gotten into the ‘foliage only’ kind. I’m kinda prejudice like that………I want flowers. LOL I’m gonna try to get some pictures of my roses this afternoon. They’re still bloomin’ away.

Gran, you’re a woman after my own heart. I have my own set of tools separate from my DH. I had them all when we got married 15 years ago, and keep them separate from his. I even have an old used cement mixer. It’s a lifesaver. My DH thinks I’m weird, ‘cause I love to go to Lowe’s and wander around the tool department. LOL

Great links Lin, I just might have to order me that coffee mug. Whrrrrrrrr!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I have a pink cellphone and a pink "blue" tooth and would love pink power tools!! Since we are OT here--it is nippy today in the Ozarks with a below freezing windchill--but the dogs are enjoying the fire!!
Edited to add: I LOVE hardware stores--can look for hours-- and love the smell of lumber in stores--always go in the contractor door at HD for the ambiance ^_^

This message was edited Nov 8, 2008 9:26 AM

Thumbnail by Hillbilly_Gran
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I also have my own set of tools... And tell hubby and the boys when they come here hands off these are mine... Your Mums are very pretty... I have to admitt I don't have much color this year outside as I did not do allot in the yards... Oh well there is always next year...
Hugs,
Susan

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh how cute are they???? I have 5 chihuahua's and they are all so sweet, but Rosa is my baby... They all just had there teeth cleaned at work last week and they were not happy campers...LOL
Susan

(Zone 1)

HGran: Oh, what cuties! I so miss having a dog in the family! That is just the most precious photo! Content, happy, relaxed pups!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I think I am going to ask my kids for some tools for Christmas..........right now my mister from Goldleaf needs the battery changed and I don't have a small philips screwdriver to change the battery. This is a great idea!!!!!!!!!! I don't want power tools except for my drill.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

that little dumpling is a mess-- she was an (unexpected)only child--I didn't know pups could be born spoiled-- but that one was-- I have 7 chi's, and 5 other dogs so can't keep her--but her new owners will have to be thoroughly vetted--because she is special-- AND she knows it. she'll be 5 weeks old tomorrow-- and is already housebroken--when I let the rest out she goes to the door and I have to carry her out--it wasn't anything I did-- it took me a couple of times to realize that when the bigger dogs went out-- she would come to the door and pee, so she goes out now too.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

In my book: Every woman needs a set of screwdrivers, a hammer, pliers and vise grips-- wire cutters are also nice to have along with a nice toolbox. (I have a toolbox fetish-- I LOVE toolboxes--especially the ones with all the little drawers, I can't even go down that aisle!)

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I have all the things above and also the tool box....LOL Oh so you breed the little ones? I have a total of 6 dogs and Dolly is a Dalmatian and as good as gold...LOL I don't breed my girls and they were spayed before they ever came into heat... I love the little babies.... I could not breed as I would have to keep everything that was born...Just how I am...
Hugs,
Susan

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I did not intentionally breed my little Delilah.(I want to keep them all too). I planned on getting my males neutered but we were moving and didn't do it soon enough. Never underestimate the determination of a non-neutered male tho'! The scamp scaled a 4' fence for a chance of love, (he can also unlock a kennel from the outside)--. It was early on and I wasn't too concerned--because D is a rescue from a breeding kennel and although I had wanted to breed her with my tiny (nonproven male) initially --a year ago, that did not take. I thought then that she must be unable to have pups, which was actually a relief. (Obviously-HE has the problem). I didn't think she was bred--and was so relieved --then 5 weeks ago she started nesting--and one chubby little puppy arrived. this is her "jabba the pup" pose

Thumbnail by Hillbilly_Gran
South, TX

One of my Paphiopedilums is blooming. Here are three pictures.

South, TX

close

South, TX

backlit by the sun

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Those are all great pix, everyone.

Don't forget to vote for your favorite photos for the 2008 photo contest.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Sally,
I have never seen one of those and yours is beautiful... Great pictures.
Hugs,
Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.