White Flower Farm vases

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Have you all seen the glass containers for amaryllis in the White Flower Farm holiday catalog? Here is a link to them on their web site but the pictures in the print catalog are better.
http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/amaryllis-glass.html

I think some of them are pretty cool and although none exactly fit my decor they gave me some good ideas. Time to check out the thrift stores for glass containers. :-)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I frequently put amaryllis and/or paperwhites in those very plain, straight-sided glass vases you can get. I just got that catalog today too - it reinforced what I'd already been doing! Beautiful though - I had to toss it very quickly!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

A, I was at Garden Ridge, do you all have GR in SC, if not, Hobby lobby or Michaels, and got a vase for the one indoor hippie I'm growing. Not terribly fancy, was pretty similar to the hurricane vase you show in the link and it was about $12. I wanted it rather tall so that the plant wouldn't topple over when in bloom. Ck them out. Instead of pebbles, I got clear marbles, $1.89.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Exactly, rather than staking them I'd rather grow them in something deep enough to act as a stake plus you get to watch the roots!

There is a Michaels about an hour away but the thrift stores abound around here and I have gotten some neat cut crystal pieces to use as luminaries on the deck. This time I will look for something taller. I do have plenty of those glass marbles - actually mine are the blob shaped ones. Now if only I knew where they were........... And, of course, I'll need more bulbs to play with.

...of course, lol

Ardesia, here is my GR vase, but anything tallish will do. Oh, and don't have clear marbles, what I got were clear pieces the size of quarters for $1.89.

Thumbnail by vossner

Cool, my "marbles" are similar and I know where the green ones are but the clear ones are lost somewhere in the house. One of these days.......

man! It only took my Lady Jane 4 weeks to bloom indoors. Look at this beauty.

Thumbnail by vossner

Oh WOW, I am so envious. I can't even get mine to sprout this year; although Benfica did show a bit of green today so there is hope. I am wondering what would happen if I put them on a seed starting heat mat?

I know my Christmas decorations will have to take another path this year.

I'm assuming you're forcing in a glass vase. Would heat from mat be transferred through glass? I'd say no. I once tried to force a bulb and it was sluggish until I placed it closer to light. that's all it took. Maybe that's all yours needs.

No, these are in pots and in plenty of light. It is the new bulbs ones I bought that have been the frustrating ones. I dug up several from my own garden and let the foliage dry in the garage. I planted them in pots last weekend and they already have little green tips peeking out.

I did find a neat vase in the attic (so much junk I don't even know what I have) and will try another bulb from the garden in that.

This Lady Jane sure has worked hard for me. Here it is the 23rd and she has 2 new blooms. This bulb produced 8 blooms, including these two new ones. I changed the water today because it was getting stinky. Has never happened before when I had forced indoors.

Thumbnail by vossner

Another view of my overachiever

Thumbnail by vossner

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.