Coffee Table-One Man's trash-another's treasure!!!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I found the top to this table on the curb for the garbage men, had four very wobbly legs which would never have been strong enough for the top---also had a very bad finish! Took it home & stripped it down---to my amazement--a very beautiful piece of walnut. Put it to the side until I could figure just what I wanted to do with it.
About six months later, found some pine tree trunks that some-one had had laying around until they decided to put them to the curb.
At the time I picked them up---you guessed it!---didn't know what I wanted to do with them, but knew I wanted them as they were an unusual shape & solid lighter pine. (No Bugs!)
I had thought about placing them in my gardens with some of my little garden critters sitting on top.
As I got to looking at the two pieces I saw the slant of the cuts on top of the two pieces were about the same angle--LIGHT BULB!!! Placed one on top the other, upside down, & they fit almost perfect. Hey---if I join them they would be a nice garden table.
THEN---I remembered the walnut top I had found, this would make it even better!
Now---to join all three to make a table.
With much thought on what to use that would be strong enough to hold them together, finally came up with an idea---had a lot of old rusty drill bits. Drilled into all three pieces, filled with a little epoxy & set the bits, four to each piece.
When every-thing was set, I finished it with three coats of epoxy.
Well---three days later---a lot of shimming---& a lot of work---I had a new table for one of my patios------SO I THOUGHT!!!
Hubby liked it so much that he decided I needed to place it in our living room!!! Said it didn't fit with my decor, but turns out----IT DOES!!!

Thumbnail by Camillia84
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!