Flowers from yard to vase - fall and winter series

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

....slooooowly it turns..... Oh so awfully slow!

2 more inches of rain, then the wet froze....

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sorry to hear you are in the muck there blossom, we are in the windy city it appears! Much as the wind blows things are still soggy and I for the life of me cannot figure why? It was a relatively dry winter not tons of snow, but the ground is soaking. Soon, soon, soon.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Please dont mention wind.. Our roof is getting bad.. shingles have been coming off one by one or more daily with the wind here...It did thaw though... Just pray we got no leaks and can get it fixed before that happens ..Everything has to come at once.... Grass greened up a bit but has away to go.. things are getting on a roll. Cant wait to see the doves start building in my wisteria again this year! They are hunting for spots now! But be a while yet before that thing is green!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sorry, will stop huffing and puffin here. Seems you are really have a bad leak year blossom.
What a nice little mornin dove in you plant. I have never had anything roost in my wisteria, yours must be quite huge to attract the feathered friends.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh, thats ok dear, its just another day in paradise.. we will get through, we usually do. Keep the faith !

Things are not all that bad.....we have had worse! Just once though I
would like to have a nice peaceful day, you know the kind to read a book, or sit in the sun, not do anything.. just kick back and enjoy life....

You know, go down to the frog pond, listen to the birds too, toss a line and jussst relax. Zzzzzzz.......

Oooh snort.. mmmm.. pardon me for dozing off again.. just need some rest.. the frogs have been really yammering and hooting and hollering ! Its sheer music to me ears.. but it goes on all day and all night here!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/953765/

london England, United Kingdom

Hi Dianne! Lovely arrangements! Is that a new vase in the first arrangement? very nice. Like the variety of greens in that one. Your camelia bush is stunning! Love the yellow orange and whites, nice shape!

Thanks Karma! How is your garden looking?
Candee, yours will be flowering soon!
Blossom, chillax!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Chillaxing here! So far were we are we are good. No need for paddles for the creek yet! Catchyall tomorrow.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Karma and Terri - that vase in the first arrangement is actually some kind of labware that is no longer used. There are some grooves on the side in which you put glass plates and section off several areas. Maybe for some chromatography work. I have had it for a while, but have never found the right arrangement for it. The greens in there is one branch from the green hellebore - complete with leaves. It was a big, substantial stem.

Oh blossom, I wish we could be like star trek and beam you out here to Seiad Valley. I was able to lounge about today, read a book in the sun, and just listen to the river flow. There was a low of 24 degrees at night, but warmed up to the 50's in the day. We are fairly high up, so the sun feels even hotter in this area.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks soils! Well, right now, we are not suffering any disaster and the flooding on my ranch is normal, but in town.. I am not getting any traffic coming by the house here so that tells me things are probably worse there. I have not heard any radio reports. I am good for provisions and such. And yes, it would be a blessing if things would warm up. More rain is predicted in a few days.

Dianne, I'm facinated with your vase/labware, with the secret shelves LoL !
Do you have the other glass plates for it?

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Terri - I may have the dividers somewhere. It will come in handy if I want the arrangement to be spread out, but not deep.

In honor of St. Patrick's day, here is a photo of one of my euphorbias in bloom.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

And here it is in a vase. I have not grown too many green flowers before, but I am getting partial to them now. This plant is pretty versatile since I was able to use just the vegetative stems in an arrangement earlier this year, and then again when it blooms.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Soils those are really beautiful!

Lovely display Dianne! Sounds interesting!!!!! you could fill the lower part of the labware with something else LOL! shells, stones, glass beads, other foliage ...........

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Blossom and Terri.
Winter is fast coming to an end (though Blossom has been waiting for this day forever LoL)

My thalias are near their peak now. I wanted some pure white daffodils for my white planter, and I chose Thalia because the brochure said that it was fragrant. But, it is one of those fragrance that I don't really like - not as bad as the paperwhites, but still not something that I would buy for it's fragrance. It does come back and multiply very well.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

here it is paired with a few of my other daffodils.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Still waiting....tick tick tick!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Lovely greens Dianne and those thalias are quite interesting and new to me. LOL blossom, we shall get there!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Soils, now you know you can always dig up those horrible smelling thalia and what not bulbs and send them on to me!!

BEG!!! LOL!

I have a huge heart and lots o room for them!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/958032/#top

Pop on over to my GPS and take a peak of how a few of them are arriving to me now!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

hehehe!! Here are some in my garden! They are coming! I got these from beautygirl several years back!

Lovely display in the garden Dianne! Where is the white planter? They look pretty in the vase with the other daffs.

Blossom, it wont be long now!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Time for a new link soils...elles is on dial up!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Blossom, If you were close by, you would be more than welcomed to dig some up. LoL.
I'll see what kinds of seeds I can round up this year to send to you - those are much easier to mail than plants.

I was going to start a new thread today, but I was in such a hurry to leave the house for work that I forgot to bring the camera. But, I am at home now and will start off the new thread.

Terri - I did not mean that the planter is white LoL; I wanted part of my yard to be a white garden, but my garden is not big enough. So, since we had these brick planters in the back yard, I decided to designate one of those planters for all white blooming plants, hence the "white" planter. I planted some herbaceous peonies there that was supposed to be festiva maxima, but turned out to be more Sarah Berndhart pink, so that plan was foiled. But, I did not have the heart to dig out the peonies, so it is a sometimes white, sometimes pink and white planter.

Here's a photo from my "pink" planter to end this series.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Okay everyone - spring on over to the new thread!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/965543/

LOL!!!! and LOL!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!! Its PANK soils PANK! LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.