She's About To.............#33

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Chatter away! We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/918468/

Thumbnail by darkmoondreamer
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

kimarj wrote:
Hello !! Hugs and prayer's to all not feeling well. And a big hello to all new !!!
I am popping in to offer up a starter pack of brugs : ) Ok I made term that up ; } I am about to cut them down for the winter....sigh... I will put one of each color in a box pink,white and yelow. They are the NOID's that began my love addic..er affair with brugs : } They grow well and root pretty easy and of course thre scent is intoxicating....So if you want them please dmail me!!!

I copied this from #32 : )

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Here's the last pic. I love the colors of spring and summer, but there is something calming and warm about the colors of Fall.

Thumbnail by Texasgrower
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Texasgrower, I was going send a post before I discovered we are on a new thread. Your pictures are beautiful and I would love to have those open spaces and all the leaves turning color. I guess in my MUCH younger years when I lived in Minnesota I really didn't appreciate the beauty of fall. Once in a while I will see a tree that leaves do turn color, but not too often. I do miss some things, but won't ever miss the cold and snow.

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Pegi when I lived in south Florida we didn't see leaves change either. There basically is summer and two days of winter. I really enjoy East Texas in the Fall. I like having four seasons. My old bones don't like the cold either but at least here the winters do tend to be milder.

But the pretty leaves come at a price. It is RAKING! I use a bunch on my beds for mulch but the rest get raked or mowed. Then again, there is nothing like the smell of burning leaves. Ah... the give and take of Fall.

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

I was still reading when suddenly there is a new thread! Happy Sunday everyone! It is 84 outside but the leaves are falling. Lots of leaves to rake, yuck!!

Louise, (HUG) It is so good to hear your voice again!! Or something like that, your cyber voice maybe?? What is going on? I've missed ya, sweetie! I told everybody you were our "Hottie" authority on winter sowing, so tag, you're IT.

Tammie, beautiful pictures. I love the colors this time of year, too. Karen, I would be so napping after eating all that. Lunch around here is up to each individual and then dinner is our big meal of the day. Kim, you are such a sweetie offering your starter pack. Which of our new brug people need more? Now is the time to speak up.

Beck, isn't Lyle's procedure tomorrow? IF so, hugs from me. Tell Ethel she ought to see the yellow begonia that is the cousin to her red one. It is turning beautiful and I am bringing it in.

I got all of the clocks changed last night, except the one in my office. So I'm working away, thinking man this shift went fast, uh oh, I forgot to reset the clock. That last hour took forever in my mind. No OT today for me, taking a break. Got all kind of inside yard work to do, though. :( Got to get busy. We're doing grilled big ole fat hamburgers tonight, baked beans and potato salad. At 84 degrees, this just sounds right. TTYL, Peg

Jeanne your yard is just beautiful! Love all the wide open spacing you have! I would love to see your yard sometime, maybe next spring I can visit you. Melissa welcome on a more permanent basis! I added you to the ornament swap too ^_^ Anjl, what are you up to today sweetie? Looks like you have had a full day Debra....Barbeque.mmmmmmmmmm....

Bringing over the ornament swap list. Only 2 days left to join!

ATTENTION HOTTIES!

I have decided to go ahead and begin the list for the Christmas Ornament Exchange tonight. You have until 12:00 noon on Monday, November 3 to sign up. After that the list will be closed. Each person will have to make/buy a little Christmas ornament for each person on the list. Please nothing large or heavy, like ceramics.

You don't have to make the ornaments or spend alot, little dollar store ornaments will be fine! The spirit and fun of the giving is what counts!

After the 3rd, you will have until November 24 to mail all of your ornaments to me in one box. I am checking on flat rate shipping tomorrow for a low price, so more details to follow. Please DMAIL me as well as posting so that I won't overlook you. Thanks, Karen

1. Karen (darkmoondreamer)
2. Bonnie (AuntB)
3. Louise (Lavender4Ever)
4. Becky (Beck5711)
5.Tammi (LlhasaLover)
6. Faye (Dahtzu)
7. Ann Marie (Anjl)
8. Debra (Joeswife)
9. Melissa (santeeLissa)
10. Kim (kimarj)
11. starlight1153
12. Donna (Donna_11)
13 HUMMINGBIRD1212
14. Joyce (happgarden)

This message was edited Nov 3, 2008 11:19 AM

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Ok ad me to the list!!!!!!! pretty please : )

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Karen, you are welcome anytime of the year. In the spring the wisteria on the front arbor along with the Red Buds, Dogwoods, irises, azaleas and hopefully one day peonies make for a colorful yard too. I never knew I could find soemthing that smelled as good as orange blossoms until I smelled wisteria.

You all keep eating that good food while sick ol' me has to forage for food since hubby is away on a fishing trip. I don't really like to cook for myself. I know, I will eat vicariously through ya'll. UMMM hamburgers, baked beans, what else?

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Jeanne.. Left ya a post on the bottom of the last thread about your pics. Wasn't sure if they would get carried over to here or not.

I supposed to be working, but couldn't resist popping in. I just had an ideal for little gifts, so put me on the exchange list please. : ) Now that I said that, does it have to be for the tree or can it go anywhere's around?

getting ready to pop a banquet tv dinner into microwave. Anybody else want one. They not bad for a tv dinner. they got good veggies anyways.

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Star, I'm sorry your neighbor has messed up your view so much. That is always a risk unless you live in the country. The trees around here pretty much obscure the neighbors' homes except in winter. But everyone is pretty good about keeping a nice place.

How close is Seale to Montgomery? I lived there for three years. Went to Auburn U. in Montgomery.

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Hello EVERYBODY...way too many to name..

Hey i'm back for a few though...
You's sure have been having a ball without this little ole TM...
Even a whole new thread...Trying to catch up...

I've got a bad back also...But lately it's been killing me..
Slipped on the Ice 3 years ago and came down hard on the
corner of my back porch steps...solid oak...
Well I got I guess a blood clot there abt the size of a half golf ball and it rubs up against my sciatic nerve
The Doctor said it'll either go away or not....NOT it's still there
To learn to Live with it...B**** a word that sounds like witch...
The DH thinks it might be in a muscle??

It hasn't bothered me as much as it has lately...
Guess the cold weather and cutting wood doesn't help much...
But i'll live with it...

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I am raising my hand.....see see, I want in the Christmas ornament exchange......please!

My Brother is sending me these links...LOL

Biggest All Time Failures

http://pictures.streakr.com/bigfailures.htm

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Busy busy Sunday but at least saying good evening to all, maybe I'll be back later! Love to all!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Texasgrower. Montgomery a couple hours away from me the way I drive. I a War Eagle. I finishing up my last semester at Au in Auburn. I am the oldest hort student they ever had. LOL One of the four oldest female students still on campus. LOL

That ok, that the one thing about flower people, age don't matter, love of plants does. They only offer some of the plant patholgy classes evry two years, so went back this semester even with my sometimers brain to pick up the advanced mycology class which is what I supposed to be workign on. I still got 19 pages to type. I need to have somebody lock me off th ebrug forum til I get finished. To much happenign here more fun and oddles of pretty pics to look at. Beats tryign to figure out the spore reproduction of fungi.

Phyllis, that is not good. Can they not take a needle and draw that clot out and then give ya somethign to help shrink the part that left.

happgarden I will add you tomorrow...my edit limit per day is up :(....Phyllis sorry your back has been hurting you....bless your heart. Clemen come back and see us later sweetie!

Jeanne I meant to ask you what you paid for your DeLonghi heater at your Lowe's last week? I was able to get mine at Tyler Lowe's for only $59.00. I was psyched!

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Hello all H& H's...
Just got back home from visiting with Momma... my bro and wife actually came.. I was surprised..much bit glad they finally made the effort!
Jeanne gorgeous view... We don't have the color you have.. wish we did.. sorry you aren't feeling well
Kim.. so glad to see you girl.... aren't you nice as ever!!
Karen.. looks like we are getting a few more hotties to do the Christmas ornaments YAY
Peg... mmmnnn wish we lived close... I have to tell you, when we had the frost the other night Ethel usually gets her DH to do everything BUT she got that begonia in herself..lol... NO it's Wednesday morning for the surgey... now I know how to get online in the hospital, I'll have the laptop, and it'll be like I never left home..lol
Ella... I am making something that can be used on the tree but can also be left out all year... that's all I am saying..lol
Phyllis... wonder why you are hurting??... you silly goose..lol... but as we say.. when it has to be done someone has to do it.. and looks like "someone" always has to do more than their share..yeah.. you need to get back home sooner from now on.. TM's get started up from time to time..lol
I can't remember what was said on the other thread... chalk it up to bad memory.. sorry.. but loves to everyone!!

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Good for you Star. I admire you for going back to school. But I would only want to audit. I hate taking tests. From one War Eagle to another, I salute you.

Phyllis I'm wincing at the thought. :(

Don't get mad at me on this one..
I didn't do it....

http://pictures.streakr.com/jesus.htm

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Karen you should be psyched. I got mine for $74 here in Palestine. You are absolutely going to love it.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey lil chick.. we crossposted
yay Joyce.. this is getting exciting to see so many want to join in on the fun!!
Ella... how neat.. Ithink we never get too old to learn.. but i don't know if I would be interested on the fungi stuff..lol.. Good luck to you though!!

Phyllis, Javier says that's happens all of the time with those speed boats, he looks like he is walking, but was probably overtrown, wow, great pix!

Hey Becki I am the little chick, you have others, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I got sooo mad at the doctor that I haven't been back....LOL
But she's gone now so i'm seriously thinking about making an appt just to see what the options are if there's any..
Right now after 3 years I think it probably dead skin or whatever...

I'm and old toughie I'll survive....LOL

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

I know what you mean about drs Phyllis. There have been a few I have fired in the past. All in Florida. I don't go unless I'm on death's bed (or break an ankle).

Hey, I put eight cuttings, seven from Bonnie (she's a doll) and one that wasn't doing anything that I got at the RU on Oct. 11th, in a bubbler yesterday. They ALL have the beginnings of nubbies already! I am soooooo excited. The one's in the moss are still thriving although it's slow going. Yipee! my babies may all live after all.

Well i'm off now to go reconnect with my best friend..
My Thermipaq.....
My DD bought it for me and boy has it been sooo good to me...LOL

Allright Jeanne!!!! WTG, nubbies!!!! Exciting when you see those, isn't it? I swear all these cutting breeds are just different. Some better in water, some in soil, it's all trial and error. Becky I'm so glad your brother actually showed up. I know it meant alot to you and Momma that he actually came. Glad you didn't have to cook and all that this time though :)

(Marymac) Statesvi, NC(Zone 7a)

I have a few small roots on my moss/cup cuttings!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yipee!!!!! I think I should probably leave them in their cups for a while longer to get better roots established before trying to put them in soil/pots.. I gotta find me some pots anyways...I drug out the olf fish tank from spare bedroom..Going to try that method of rooting if/when I get anymore cuttings....

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

I’ve only been gone a few hours and look at all these posts, you hotties have been busy today.

Jeanne, your yard looks like a beautiful park, what a wonderful view you have from your windows. Debra my head is spinning from all you accomplished today, another hottie up for the energizer award. Kim so nice of you to offer the pkg, I think there are a couple of newbies here that need some. Peg send me some of that 84 degree weather, and while you’re at it some of that dinner sounds great to. Karen, okay as long as we have until the 24th of November to get the ornaments to you I should be fine. I know you are out of edits for the day so if I don’t see my name added to the list tomorrow I’ll remind you again. Ella it’s so great to hear you are going to school, learning is unlimited so age does not matter. Beck glad your brother made it today, sending prayers for Lyle on Wednesday. Clemen, thanks for the FGM this morning she did the best that she could.

The Christening went well, lots of company, very busy day. I never even got my camera out of the bag. I’ll have some pix later in the week when I get them from others through email. Aidan was a real little doll, not a peep out of him all day.

Wishing everyone a pleasant evening.

Karen...Add me to ornament exchange list..please

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi ya

I just got back from a LOOOONG trip... had to go pick up mom in santa crus (they had 5" of rain last night!) and then driver her out to my other sis's and then back home. 2 major accidents on the freeways, one going out to get her and one coming home :( both accidents shut the entire freeway daown...so what should have taken me about 2 1/2 hours took more like 5 hours ;(

glad to be back home and off the roads! lol!

gonna go cut up my bruggies so I can get those shipped out tomorrow! I cant believe there is a co-op SELLING brug cuttings?! LOL! there are so many on her that just give them away...are they special brugs and I'm missing something? LOL!

be back later...I'm sure there will be a whole new thread by the time I get back! lol!

Wohooooooooo Donna is back, missed you girl!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

hey all, lots of posting while I was working.. Finally! I only need to go out back now just to see if water is needed for the prenniels, the garage is stuffed, will move stuff down here all week long.... good to see all of you.. Clemen, whats for dinner?? LOL... where is bonnie??? Nubbies! YAY for you that has them and YAY for roots too! I just love watching things grow.. especially this group!

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh Hummer, I with ya girl on the roots. I have some very small roots on some of my moss covered cuttings. It's amazing what excites me these days.

edited to say Congrats on your roots!

This message was edited Nov 2, 2008 6:40 PM

Debbie, haa haa, you know me already, dinner was a pizza from the local costco, cheap, thing crust at $10 bucks!!!

Hardly ever do that, but hey no time to cook today, So you did not invite me to your feast tonight, grrrrrrrrrrrrr, you are in trouble now, lol!

no time to cook here either...Bojangle's done a good job though...LOL

So Humming friend we are on the same boat!

Has anybody ever used the brug "Recipe" on other plants??Results??

I have not tried the recipe because of bug problems, but some here in the forum have. I plant my bruggies in electra fertilizer, and all that is organic and good stuff. Then I just feed them bloom plus and some vitamin B1 like supertrive and fish stuff! Yummie!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I use the recipe on everything.. no casualties yet.. sprayed the whole back yard with it today as well as everything in the downstairs nurseries..
Clemen.. here have some roast.. it is falling apart..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.