What Do you think of a mentoring program for New Members

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Please send your responses via D-mail
second question - would you be willing to be a mentor in your region?
Third - would you enjoy a mentorship program in your region that all could attend?

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Perhaps you could explain more… Mentoring specific to Iris?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I'm confused too. Can you explain what it is you are proposing?

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

In a manor to keep new members perhaps bring them to your garden explain how you do things, Go to other's gardens and allow them to explain what works best for them. Make sure they have numbers and e-mails to get hold of those they have met in case they had other questions. Share your collection with them, especially if they have no modern or named varieties. Try to get them to a show with their own Iris and show them how to prepare an iris. Try to get them to local and at least regionals to get them to know more people. show them how to get information. Conduct inpromto classes in what ever interest them, and above all make their children welcome, we are in desperate need of youth members

Lebanon, OR

Well I already do this with about 6 new members so I guess I already am doing and didn't think about it.

D

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Our NLRIS members already do this. (Northern Lights Regional Iris Society).
Ginny

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

I think it is a GREAT idea! I'm fairly new to gardening and would LOVE to have this available in my area.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

dpoitras,

Not sure where you live, but if you're interested in BEARDLESS mentoring, c'mon over.

I'm in Hannibal, up near Oswego.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

How far are you from Saratoga Springs?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

A long ways, I'm guessing 170 miles. But if you ever get up towards Rochester, or Syracuse we're not too far, and you're welcome to come.

Santa Ynez, CA

irisloverdee, help me greatly and was wonderful about giving help and information, even took the time to write and talk to me on the phone, thanks again Dee

Lebanon, OR

makj

You are welcome, as always if asked I try.

D

Santa Ynez, CA

it is nice that someone with your knowledge is willing to share with others, it is like iris people stick together and welcome newbies into the group.
When emailed Keith Keppel with ?'s he answered some and then said you would be a good person to talk to.
I was amazed most everyone I talked to was very willing and nice I like that:)

Lebanon, OR

Again thank you...I remember when I first started I was scared to ask questions as did not want to look dumb. Well a very wise man told me there are truly not any dumb questions (unless you ask the same question over and over again) but just questions you did not know the answer to ...

I wish I knew more about hybridizing than I do but I learn more and more every year.

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have been reading the Aril Robin and am amazed at how much there is to know about hybridizing. I will be studying that for a long time -- and I have yet to create a single hybrid. Of course the bees have created a few in my garden.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

I would like to thank PollyK for being there for me and all of my questions!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

You're welcome, Deb.

Anytime!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.