Halloween Pictures

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well we didn't get a call.... so I am guessing we didn't win the town contest.... but here are all our photos... and some videos

we had such a blast .... the kids were going crazy.... one girl left and brought back more kids to show how cool our house was... it was worth every bit of work

http://picasaweb.google.com/AllisonNJ71/Halloween200802#

Thumbnail by onewish1
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

OMG Allison...you should of won! I can't imagine anyone having as spooky of a yard as that!!!! That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you.... I am telling you.... we are like two kids setting all this stuff up.... giggling knowing how creepy some stuff is and seeing some of the kids (and parents) reactions makes it totally worth it

I should have taken a video of Randy's coffin at night... can't see the green strobe light inside in the one I posted... makes it so much cooler

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

So cool, Allison!
Anna is already planning for next year!! What did you use to 'stuff' the ghosts in the trees?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

coat hangers... styrofoam balls for the heads... I stretched the part that hangs.. straight and shoved the ball through it... tie around the neck... first the support line... which I used heavy fishing line... and hot glued it to the back of the ball.... and then after putting sheet on tied the neck tight... and loosely tacked stitched the top of the arms right below the hanger... from 1/2 way down the hanger to the ends.... just so it won't totally flip up... bent the bottom part up to look like arms... curved the arms... and all done.... so easy and this is our second year using the same ones.... and they really aren't showing too much wear at all.. considering we keep them out for almost a month.... that's really good

when the wind is really blowing they puff up and look huge... only thing once in a while the corner will flip over and we have to pull it back down

(Zone 4a)

Our pumpkins!!!

Thumbnail by DawnLL
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

cool pumpkins.... this one is my fav. out of ours

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

and of course this one is Randy's

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well the winning photos are posted..... we didn't win

http://family.webshots.com/album/568293248OWtZnP?start=0

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Oh Allison, I'm so sorry! I thought yours were better!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you.... the 1st place house was pretty good though..... maybe they didn't want me to win the first year entering

Thomaston, CT

Sometimes that's right, Allison---people entering multiple times may have an in---but yours was tops!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ooohhh blush.... thank you.... I figured we decorate every year.... why not enter... either way we love doing it for the kids

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

That was great Allison. I love Halloween, and really enjoy the houses that people take so much time to decorate. We go driving around each year with the grand kids at Halloween and Christmas to enjoy the displays. I'm sure your efforts gave a lot of people enjoyment. And not just the kids, either!

Nice pumpkins, Dawn!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

next house we need to live on a street with more traffic though

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

There is a house in the town where we used to live actually puts on a live show.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I had an idea to take one of the gazebo or tarp garage frames... cover it in black fabric... paint black light polka dots on the inside... make up two costumes all black with the same polka dots... to make it look like the walls came alive... now I need are a few kids to hijack to do the job

:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.