Oro Verde

Burnley, United Kingdom

This is my new baby
I got a small cutting earlier this year and it is know having its first flush.
It has yellow variegation which has reduced as the plant has got bigger.
When it was a small plant it was very strongly variegated.
The leaves are like velvet, unbelievably soft. No sign of bugs and about 3ft tall and bushy.

Thumbnail by Hurstwood
Burnley, United Kingdom

Here is a picture of the actual plant
Alan

Thumbnail by Hurstwood
La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

WOW!!! Alan, what a gorgeous bloom! You have me drooling. It's a good thing I always keep the Kleenex nearby. :-)

Burnley, United Kingdom

Betty :-)
Alan

I'm in pain...

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Alan!!? You sure that's REAL?? Wonderful looking top to bottom!! What is the smaller plant in front of it?? I just love the velvety leaves, AND the bloom! Great work!

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Bonnie, Shows you how observant I was. I took a look at that photo, saw leaves with the same fuzzy texture and assumed it was all one plant.

Burnley, United Kingdom

Bonnie
What is the smaller plant in front of it??
Its part of the plant. Unless you mean the plant on the low left? thats an Orange Sanguinea, the smaller plants behind it are Arborea's.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Veronica, you ARE more observant... it IS the plant! lol The leaves toward the bottom are more ruffley.. I thought it was 2 separate plants.. now I never thought to use my dog cage as a plant stand.. I use it for an extra parrot cage.. for a change in scenery for him.. Love all your pics and posts Alan!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Stunning Alan. The plant and the bloom. It says it want to visit in Alabama. LOL Love your conservatory too. Maybe someday I will be able to build one.

Got more pics?

Burnley, United Kingdom

Ella
If you go back through the threads a little way I'm sure you will identify which pictures are mine :-) The plant says 'I have to accompany it to Alabama. Unfortunatley my conservatory becomes a greenhouse at this time of year, a dumping ground ! !

Bonnie, my Husky go's mad when I put a plant on his cage to take pictures.
Thanks for the nice comment
Alan

This message was edited Nov 2, 2008 3:16 PM

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow what a beauty! I would love to have something like that one in my collection! Awsome!

Mesilla Park, NM

What a deep rich color! I want one too.

Burnley, United Kingdom

I lost all my stock of Oro Verde over winter :-( Hopefully I can purchase a replacement from Europe this spring. My own Cv. Hurstwood Sunshine is equally deep Yellow but not variegated like Oro Verde.
Alan

Croydon, Australia(Zone 9a)

So Allan if Oro Verde is a variegate what is it now that it has no variegate????/

Burnley, United Kingdom

Hi Shaun
'What is it now that it has no variegation'? it's dead! LOL

I presume you mean why is it not showing any variegation in the photograph Shaun?
Time of year? The weather would have turned cold when that picture was taken and the variegation is much stronger/more visible during summer/warm weather.
Alan

Croydon, Australia(Zone 9a)

if Oro verde lost its variegation and reverted back to the green form
this is what i was asking about ?????

oro verde = variegate
?? = green form

Burnley, United Kingdom

Hi Shaun
I guess with no variegation it would just be a Yellow Sanguinea.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I will be glad to see any yellow right now on any brug I own.. ;)

Long Beach, CA

It is such a intense yellow. Beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.