pineapple guava seeds

Sparta, MO(Zone 6b)

Dose anyone have pineapple guava seeds they would trade? Thanks Connie

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

If you find some one let me know, I've been looking for some of them and the strawberry too.

Oak Hill, FL

Mine (2) have been in the ground a couple of years but have yet to set fruit. If/when they do will keep you in mind. If you want a seedling try Just Fruits and Nuts. They shipped mine and they arrived in great shape.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Tessa, will check it out.

Sparta, MO(Zone 6b)

I cant get My guava seeds to start. what do I do?

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

They are usually pretty easy, if they aren't too old.

I have some, if you want to try them. I usually look for them at the specialty fruit section each Christmas. That is usually when they are ripe here in Texas.

Each guava yeilds about 40 seeds. So, cheaper to buy one guava, (and get to eat it!), than buying a packet of seeds, plus you get more...

I have the strawberry guava, too, but it has not produced any fruit, yet. I think I got the seeds at seedman.com

yep, here is the listing:
http://www.seedman.com/lawn.htm

they also have the lemon guava.

they are a great company with neat stuff. I've ordered from them many times, and they always have great germination.

ps-
I have a couple of pineapple guava plants in one gallon pots for trade, but they are grown from seed.

The seed grown ones may need another one to pollinate them.

That is why a cutting grown one that is self-fertile is more desirable, unless you don't mind planting several.

Sparta, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Taylor I well send the sase but how do I start the seeds? Thanks Connie

I just run water through the coffee maker, so that it is about 160 degrees, but not boiling, and then pour over the seeds. Soak the seeds, until they swell. After they swell, sow immediately just barely covered with sand.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.