Pond Plant SASE come spring?

I had a huge selection of pond plants last year. (They grow like weeds once you have them). Then came the guide dog Lab puppy......aahhhh:(
He totally destroyed my pond. Everytime I looked outside he was swimming in my pond. I would yell for him to get out and he would get out along with several of my plants in tow! He depleated my plants (and my pond fish) within weeks. I just gave up and figured I would repair the pond this spring when he was gone.
I would be more than willing to send the money for postage (and a little extra for your time) prior to the package being sent. The plants they sell around here are [deleted] and are extremely expensive to boot!
thanks for any help.
P.S.
Radar "The wonder guide dog puppy" is off to blind school so there is no danger of the homicide of your donations!
Janice

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Minnie, yes I will have some pond plants (iris, lilies and pickerel rush) for trade or SASE come spring....I have plenty that need divided. And I can relate on the puppy issue - we have two (count 'em two) lab mix puppies that ice skated on our pond when it was frozen solid. We've put up an invisible fence that I hope will keep them out of the pond this spring and summer.

Hmmmm. Wonder if I can strap that collar on the neighbor's kid when he keeps wandering over here unacompanied by a parent? Or better yet, can I strap it on the parent???? Just a little side-ranting - it drives me nuts to have to worry about this poor tyke ending up in my pool because his parents are too lazy to keep tabs on him. And there are ponds all over this neighborhood, so it's not even like ours is the only attractive nuisance around.

But yes, I'll post the plants on the plant exchange when I've divided them. Now someone recommended that I use a machete to divide them, but the sight of me swinging a machete will convince the neighbors I've finally gone completely insane. Oh well, keep 'em guessing, right?

Hi Go
Me thinks we were responding to each others post at the same time!
Last year I think someone unloaded alot of their overgrown plants into the local pond because I took the kids fishing 2 days in a row and BOOM.. the second day the pond was loaded! At that point tho my pond was nothing but a smelly discusting muck that I didnt even want to go near!
Looking foward to digging out the pots,dead plants, decayed fish and God knows what else lurks at the bottom of the pit!
Thanks for the offer.
Janice

Crofton, MD(Zone 7a)

It's gonna be fun tradin!!! Last year I sent out twenty boxes of plants. I can't wait to see the new additions sprout this spring. I'm sure we will keep the plant trade forum busy. LOL...

Terry

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

I want to start a water garden and want some pond plants. If anyony can share with me, I will very happy. I don't have anything to trade but I will pay postage. Please email me. Thanks

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Minnie I would be glad to send you some plants as soon as every thing starts to come up. I have several different kinds and I can seperate most of them. Let me know if you are looking for a certain plant,or I can just send pieces of each kind. I will be adding them to my journal soon so just check it out and let me know what you would like!!! SUE

Hi Sue
Thanks that would be great!
Janice

BTW Sue
I am formally Minnie- who originally posted the thread. New system---new name.
Janice

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I have flag irises and water hyacinth's if anyone wants..
Trade or postage.. E-mail me.
Larkie

Atoka, OK(Zone 7a)

hi, does anyone have any pond plants now for postage, or is it too late to get them or still too early..? thanks...

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh, brrrrrr....it's still too cold for me to go diving for plants in my pond!!!! Firef, I see you're from Atoka, huh? We have some very dear friends in Wewoka (until last summer, we lived just north of Tulsa....) Welcome to DG! Give me another month (at least) before I start splashing around. Others who are in warmer zones may start dividing and trading sooner........

Atoka, OK(Zone 7a)

hi go_vols, thanks for the warm welcome.. :) ok.. another month will give me plenty of time to get my pond ready.. thanks....

Janice, I started listing my water plants in my trade list so check them out. I promised I would send you some. I really don"t think to many will be ready until late may or early june>>> sue

This message was edited Wednesday, Mar 28th 6:41 PM

This message was edited Wednesday, Mar 28th 6:42 PM

This message was edited Wednesday, Mar 28th 7:22 PM

Oh boy......its getting here. Time to fix the pond. Pond puppy is still wreeking havac. Even in the coldest weather this 85 pound puppy is breaking the thin layer of ice to go for a swim and he just stands in the pond untill I yell for him (or at him) then he thinks he can come in the house!!!
This weekend will be his last chance to invade my pond. The gate to the deck will be up and its all over.
For those kind people who have a plant or two for me please email me when your ready. Last year was my first year with my pond so not very knowledgable about the specifics. I am zone 7 ( Long Island ) not sure if I need to wait untill a last frost date. I am ready to send postage when the plants are ready for me.
Thanks all
Janice
BTW- My original s/n was Minnie- therefore I am one in the same. Please email me via "Janice"
thanks

This message was edited Wednesday, Mar 28th 10:59 PM

Yarmouth, NS(Zone 7b)

If you want to see a neat idea for a pond. Please go to my new webpage it is on my menu. I got a really neat idea. It will make you laugh,.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Does anyone have any water canna to trade?
Alice

Oakland, CA(Zone 10b)

I have a baggie or three of Fairy Moss for trade or postage if anyone is interested. Let me know if you want a baggie of Parrot Feather thrown in with it. Thanks!

Chris - THGA

Chris, I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE FAIRY MOSS WITH THE PARROT FEATHER. TRADE OR SASE . CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST AND LET ME KNOW. SOME OF THE WILL HAVE'S ARE ALMOST READY SO CHECK THEM OUT TOO!!!!!! SUE

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.