I need help from all my 2 legged friends

Phoenix, AZ

I just got back from the Vet :(

I have a VERY swollen toe on my hind foot.

#1They did test for Valley Fever because it can settle in joints and inflame them, test won't be back for 3-5 days.

#2 It may be bacterial, maybe I stepped on something?

Door #3 is not good....bone cancer...Mom refuses to say the word :(

I am on a different antibiotic than they gave me last week, can everyone visualize my toe getting better? Thanks!

♣♣ ← puppy feet
♣♣

Spike~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Spike, you MUST get better. We can't get along without your getting better soon.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good thoughts for Spike!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Oh, Spikie...feel better!
Do you need me to rush you over some french fries???

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Maybe Spike sprained it chasing interlopers out of the garden? Beverly does that every now and then when she goes ballistic along the back wall. One minute she's fine and then after a bark fest she comes back in the house with a game foot.

Phoenix, AZ

His foot isn't tender, he doesn't limp or chew at it. His 1 toe is the size of his entire foot :(

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Ah Spikey Dude......Guinness wants to come by and commiserate. He's sending happy, healthy puppy love your way.....his mom sends warm, hearty dog hugs and good thoughts for it to be nothing but a little sore spot soon to heal.

Woof!

Thumbnail by MaryMcP
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Aw, darn it Spike, if it isn't one thing it's another :( I sure hope it goes away and doesn't come back! Happy thoughts from us.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Puppy prayers from Diesel and me......all will be good Spike!

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Megan, Bridget, Chrome and I send prayers for a speedy recovery and NOTHING serious!!!

Alan

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Maybe it's a nasty bug/critter that stung/bit the toe?

Good thoughts for Spike, get well soon and don't freak out Mommy!

Mesa, AZ

Shrink toe Shrink!!!
I would lean towards goofybulb's statement. My 4 legged children seem to think they should chase wasps and bees around the garden, then grab and bite them. They also play with spiders and scorpions if they can find them. We have benedryl for them when their faces or paws get bit and swell all up. And you know, they never ever learn to leave them flying or bugs alone!!!

Phoenix, AZ

Repeat after me: It's just a swollen toe; it's just a swollen toe. I know it's hard not to worry; believe me, I live on De Nile. Hugs and kisses to the little terror - even if he doesn't want 'em. When will the tests be back?

That happened to Pepper but in her mouth...swollen, dumb bee sting. Didn't hurt her, she just looked very silly!

Prayers from us too!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi Spike,
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Love and nips,
Pixie and Cricket, the mean pins

Gilbert, AZ

Shrink, toe, shrink! Get well toe wishes from the Abel dogs!

Thumbnail by Crista

I have many friends who send me many email stories and photos. Tonight I received an email with dogs dressed up for halloween...all funny but this one could not be any more perfect....to make Spike smile.

Notice he is a fisherman too!

Thumbnail by
Phoenix, AZ

Thanks to all my friends for the good wishes!

♣♣
♣♣

Spike~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I've got your back buddy!

Thumbnail by mrsj
Phoenix, AZ

(love the paw prints!)

First! How is your appetite? Drinking water? Peeing as usual? poopies?

Spike, BUDDY! Keep a positive 'tude, dude and don't worry until you have something concrete to worry about. The best thing coming down the pike, Spike, is a diagnosis. Then, we have something to work with! Coupla days you'll know if its Valley Fever. Then you begin the meds. If not, you move on to the next test.

BTW, I have recently been diagnosed with Valley Fever. Heavy dose of it, at that. I'm taking Fluconazole twice a day and hoping for the best. Geeeeeeeez I feel like an OLD MAN! Limping badly, listless, sleeping. I never lick my bad left front leg, never bite it. But, I'm limping very badly. My back left leg has a growth at the knee. Its a fungus node. Part of the VF symptoms. But, my appetite is fabulous!

Anyhoo, keep an open mind and wait for the diagnosis.

Hang in there Spike ( and Fish Knees!)

Thumbnail by Aguane
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hugs and purrs from a ferocious mountain cat. I hate it when I bung up a paw. Hint: this is a good time to suck up to the furless beast to get more treats.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi Spike.

I am Lulu the cat and though I am not especially crazy about dogs, my mom tells me that you are 'all right'.
I hope you get better and get to chase other 'things' than cats.

Love and healing thoughts

Lulu the cat.

Thumbnail by RODICAP

I have Valley Fever too but as long as I take my meds, I feel great!
~Pepper

Thumbnail by
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hey, Spike...it's Sophie.
You're gonna be okay, bud...
Just another little bump in the road, ya know..
At least this time you don't have to wear that thing around your neck...
That made ya feel pretty silly I bet.
I had one of those once...nearly flipped out!
Get well quick, kiddo, and let your mom stop worrying!
Love,
Sophie Jane

This message was edited Oct 29, 2008 9:32 PM

Thumbnail by 2manyplants
Payson, AZ(Zone 7a)

Spike,love that name...means that you are tuff ! You get well soon. Sometimes I get a bum foot, and yes it does hurt.
Check on you soon.
Love you buddy,
Sweetpea

Thumbnail by jcoats123
Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

today's mantra: bug bite, bug bite, bug bite. I will it to be so!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Pawprints? Darn, I thought they were little doggy kisses :( How's our guy doing this morning?

Tucson, AZ

hope you feel better today spike!

Phoenix, AZ

Spike, did you soak your wittle tootsie in some warm Epsom salts water? It might help that toe feel better, sweetie. Here's hoping you feel much better today and have a toe that's normal size. How big is that, a pea maybe?

Phoenix, AZ

His toe doesn't hurt at all. It's his Mom that is having major anxiety attacks :(

Pueblo West, CO

Oh Spike........ sorry to hear about your toe. Hope it is better today.
Sending hugs to you and your Mom. : )

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Poor Spike's mom :(

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

What kind of fish has two knees?

A tunee fish.

Phoenix, AZ

Been hittin' the Brownies again, mrsj?????

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I like that joke...that's about on my level...lol...

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Susie! You know it girl -- I raided that plant Marie had growin' in her front yard last week!!! Quick drying the the microwave and its brownie time!

I was trying to cheer Spikes Momma up ---- weak effort, but I tried!

Phoenix, AZ

^_^

Payson, AZ(Zone 6b)

Fishknees, I know this sounds a little silly, but I have raised and bred dogs for years. A small amount of vitamin C could do wonders. A quarter to a half of 500 mil. would be good. Expecially if there is some valley fever. Start with a quarter. Just regular vit. C. Nothing else. No time release and expecially no rose hips. Be sure to clear with your vet if you have any doubts. Always follow his/her lead. Prayers are with you all!!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Sending lots of love, hugs and puppy petting your way, Spike! Now, don't get greedy--some are to share with your Mama, too.

thinking lots and lots of good thoughts

Phoenix, AZ

So how big is that toe tonight? Any news yet?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.