Ethical eating - using up all the food

Cleveland area, OH(Zone 5b)

It's the new green thing, isn't it? As I was looking in the refrigerator for inspiration for dinner, it occurred to me that the least ethical, least "green" thing is to throw food away, no matter where it came from. So, I'm going to make a conscious effort to use up leftovers and throw away less. Even though I'm really good at not wasting much, and I compost all of the plant matter, the stuff that would bring the 'coons goes into the trash.

Any ideas? Right now I've got soup on that started with potatoes and onions, then I picked broccoli leaves and stems, swiss chard, beet greens. I looked in the fridge and found a serving of french fries and some chicken/cheese dip, and some leftover refried beans. I'm planning to cook it down and then puree with some half and half.

This thread has 48 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!