Todays Weather in Your Garden - 32

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/912225/#new

Awful day here too. Temp is dropping. 36 and very windy! Raining lightly. Nasty. 1 1/2 inch so far.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Quoting:
This could possibly cause me to get a zit!

hee hee too funny......eating all the halloween candy is causing me to get a zit!!!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, AMAZING SHOT! Had to shout. I tried to take the rainbow. It later developed a second one. Rain has now stopped, and it is bright and sunny, but wind and clouds are building off shore. Now there is another rainbow to the east. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Thanks. Great rainbow shot!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Awesome shot!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Another rainbow has popped up. Here is the latest one. Makes 4 in an hour and the stock market is way up. Hooray! Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

pretty!

Pot of stocks at the end??

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Beautiful rainbow! Nothing but rain off and on all day, wind hasn't picked up yet. Warm for a rainy day in Oct. we reached 54 earlier and are now at 52 and dropping.

I went and picked up the guys and I was coming back and hydroplaning. It was pouring.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Where's Thom? did he get snowed in??? News said they had 13" in the poconos.

Maybe he is in. Wouldnt want that much snow YET!

Just back from picking up my kids. Man is it nasty out! Blowing cold rain. Getting close to freezing. 34 degrees. Wind chill in the low and mid-20's. Brrrr.

Snow better than Ice ?

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Brrrrr ... I hear everyone is in for a bit of the blustery.

Cloudy and Windy, 37ºF (feels like 27º)
Wind: 29 mph, direction NW ; Max Gust 39 MPH, so far
Pressure: 29.79 in, steady
Humidity: 65%, Dew point: 28ºF
Visibility: 10.0 mi, UV-index: 0, Low

Measured: Oct/28/08, 18:54

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Very windy and cold here today.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

here was my day today.... flooded in bergen county....

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

and snow in Morris County

edit... just think it's so strange the trees haven't even let go of the leaves and it's snowing

:)

This message was edited Oct 28, 2008 11:37 PM

Thumbnail by onewish1
Woodstock Valley, CT(Zone 5b)

yeah, snow predicted my way....too early for me...though I hate winter so any time is too early! Here is a good fall pic though....al be it from a couple weeks ago....

Thumbnail by milesf1

God was eating a giant doughnut and spilled powdered sugar all over the ground this morning.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Deb I havnt been out and its still dark so I dont know how much snow we have just a few miles away.
You made me check it out.
Just snow on cold objects, cars, deck rails, maybe some lawn but too dark to see.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2008 6:29 AM

Just a dusting, could get up to an inch today.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

cars have some

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes and my sister is flying from New Mex and arrives here from Chicago at 9:30 PM Hope I can stay awake to go pick her up.
I'll be in most of the day.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

37 degree's here, it seems coastal and central Maine are on the south side of this storm and will not see any snow. Amazing!
Doing a happy NO snow dance.

(Zone 4a)

The weather here has been extremely windy and cccccold! We might get snow flurries today.....

Hate to see snow already. Another raw day here, though not as windy. 36 and overcast.

Windy no snow. A ton of acorns hit the house though. ping bing bang all night.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Has anyone read an extended forcast for the winter?
Is it going to be long,cold and lots of stormes?

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

All of our acorns have been down for about at least a week or so, though, Jaakob, who got hit on the head by one, when outside now, won't do anything but look up in the trees for the squirrelies he insists threw them down on him. He's funny! Esp. when he sees a squirrelie scamper along the utility wires.

Glad I trimmed some branches which grew too close to the greenhouse, winds were over 40 MPH again.

I heard that a foot or so fell in the Catskills, but nothing here in Buffalo. Now you have my curiosity peaked to see what is in store for us, Jo Ann. What I find out I will post.

Sunrise: 7:46

Mostly cloudy, 33ºF (feels like 26º) ; High, 38ºF ; Low, 32ºF
Wind: 7 mph, direction W
Pressure: 29.73 in, rising
Humidity: 73%, Dew point: 26ºF

Sunset: 18:10

Measured: Oct/29/08, 08:45

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Gloomy, rain moving through at intervals, but the wind has backed off. 50's. Not going to help my disposition or my ability to plant today, which I need to do. But no floods, or snow. Patti

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

It must be nice to have the ocean to keep weather from too many extreams.
Willi we had a dusting on the roofs and cars.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Super windy!!! wind from the nw at 23 mph
high of only 45 expected low of 30
The sun broke thru for about 1/2 hour

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

'Numb's the word' this winter, almanac predicts

Acorns and fog point to colder-than-usual temperatures, publication says

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26380907/

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Starting early too.
Thanks for the info willi

Thomaston, CT

Dusting of snow at my son's--about 40 min. north of me---but we had flurries this morn & more right now! I was dressed in Eskimo gear to cross the dam today, & it still felt cold. My cousins came home last night from Nebraska---they had to go down to W. Virginia then up the Jersey Pike to escape the snow---that's what they get for hunting ducks! Love the rainbow, Patti----still makes it seem like spring or summer, although I guess you can get rainbows anytime of year.

A ton of acorns last night. Really for the last 3 weeks. Those grey fuzzy little fast things will have enuff to eat.... Hey - a snow squall is coming through !

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

says it's 43 out now... but man is it raw feeling out... the wind is killer

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Here come the snowflakes. I doubt any will stick, it is almost non-existent. At least most of the leaves have already fallen.

Thursday through Sunday are supposed to be sunny.

Cloudy, 37ºF (feels like 28º)
Wind: 16 mph, direction W
Pressure: 29.92 in, rising
Humidity: 50%, Dew point: 20ºF

Measured: Oct/29/08, 17:54

South Hamilton, MA

strong winds, leaves falling, but many more to come.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.