Husqvarna Viking Topaz 30 Sewing/Embroidery - any advice?

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

I've been wanting a new, high end sewing machine knowing I'd probably want the ability to embroider later. Saw a demo of the new Husqvarna Viking Topaz 30 sewing/embroidery machine at a local quilt shop yesterday. Yup! Loved it! Want it! and to my shock, DH agreed to get it for my combo birthday/Christmas gift. OMG! Now the question is ..... is this the machine I really want? Before jumping in, I'd like to know if anyone has experience or knowlege of this machine?

It's brand new on the market so there are no reviews on Patternreview.com. I'm prone to want to buy from this dealer because they are a high end shop, not a chain fabric store, and have very knowlegable and experienced employees. They offer all the lessons/training needed, telephone assistance 6 days a week, an instore technician, and lots of other benefits of buying from them.

The machine has amazing features. Currently, I do more crafting and home decorating but have recently become interested in quilting and am looking forward to sewing for future grandchildren. Have visions of doing some local craft shows but my machine doesn't have the capacity now to do what I need to sell tote bags, purses, jackets, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Debra

Thumbnail by fleursdefouquet
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!