Look who opened for my birthday!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I just got this from Wayside (after a year and a half wait) and it opened today! Neat!
Evergreen.

Thumbnail by boojum
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday and beautiful bloom you have there!!

Thanks!

Thumbnail by boojum
Mobile, AL

What a wonderful birthday treat!

Isn't it so wonderful that bulbs are finally starting to arrive? I would think that for a b'day, that would be mighty special!

Happy B'day!

Ann

Thanks, Ann!

Wonderful. Happy B-day!

Ewing, VA

Happy Birthday!

Another green flower for you..well yellow green is better.

First flower of the season...Lemon Sorbet

Thumbnail by mariava7

Beautiful, Maria! Thanks to you both!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday. My first one just opened. Rock and Roll.

Happy birthday!!! I am awaiting my shipment from JS. Can hardly wait!!!

Mobile, AL

Rene,

My first shipment from JS came today (there are two). The bulbs are HUGE!

And I am thrilled!

What did you get? I bought a Grandeur bulb today. Here is Evergreen today.

Thumbnail by boojum

Got my bulbs! I got the Dbl. collection & Carnival Good size bulbs, already planted.

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

HBD, Boojie!

Robert.

Thumbnail by raydio

:) Hi Robert!!! Bought a Paris bulb today when I plant shopped with visiting Patti (bbrookrd).

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I just potted up a Paris bulb. Can't wait to see what it looks like in bloom.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

i just got evergreen today. why do you suppose it took 1.5 yrs to bloom? I hope I don't have that kinda wait.

It took that long for me to get it from Wayside. It bloomed immediately after I potted it.

oh, I'm with you. The doorbell just rang and it was the FedEx guy delivering my 2 Naganos from Bert @eflowergarden. very nice bulbs.

I planted my Evergreen inground on Nov 6 and here it is today, in full bloom. Very yummy yellow/green.

Thumbnail by vossner

Cool! Here's La Paz in bloom today and my second stalk of Evergreen will be open in a few days.

Thumbnail by boojum

One more.

Thumbnail by boojum
Ewing, VA

Ahhhhhh...and here is my Evergreen today.
Lovely. Just lovely...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Look at how it performs...7-8 flowers/scape!!!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Isn't Evergreen a spectacular cultivar! It is one of my all time favorites.

I know I'm very happy to have one!!

Qhhhhhhhhh! I need one of those Evergreen!!! I have some more spiking, not sure what they are yet, part of the double collection from JS. All my others are dormant now, I will start watering them in Jan. then will have lots of pretty bloom I hope!! Lorine

Most of mine planted inground bloom in Apr-May. However the new ones bloom shortly after planting. That's the only reason I have bragapics right now. By next year, all of these will be blooming in late spring with the rest of the other hippies

Mine are in ground also. I stop watering them in mid Nov. then start waterin again in Jan. They then begin to spike almost immediately. Lorine

Mine are in pots. I water the new ones I get, but keep the rest dark and dry from Oct.-Dec. I just brought them in and watered them for the first time. They will bloom from late Dec on. La Paz started to bud in the dark !! so I brought it out.

Ewing, VA

My hippeastrum collection are all in clay pots and most are sleeping in the garage now. Some I bring in to 'force' bloom but most would waking up by spring. I try to continously grow the exotics inside during winter. But due to lack of space, I had to put some of them to rest this winter. I'll be observing if this would affect their performance.

Bsharf..You had Evergreen since last season...right? How did it perform after blooming? Leaf growth, rebloom, bulblets?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I won't really know till late April, early May, since I planted it outside after it bloomed last winter. My outside ones are all losing their leaves and starting to go dormant now. Since my tags all faded, I won't know who's who until they bloom again. Kinda adds to the fun, to see which ones survive and bloom again.

More pics of Evergreen today.

Thumbnail by boojum

Another.

Thumbnail by boojum

That's the third stalk.
And La Paz.

Thumbnail by boojum

Both in the sun.