The Flowerpot cafe' XV (15)

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Zany so glad you got to see your guy for a visit. Hope he recups quickly and can get home soon.
Not weary of the cafe, just commenting about the photo contest that was mentioned, I used to enter and vote, but if you check it out there is just too much to even consider voting, there are thousands of entries to look at. I just don't have the time or patience anymore I guess.

london England, United Kingdom

Hi everyone! Winters here, come in the cafe and warm up!! ok Sue it's summer for you!!

Hi Zany, glad to hear Bob is doing ok. Hope it's not too long before he will be home again with you.

Hi Candee, Lol , getting weary Dave!!! I wonder if 'Dave' has ever been to our cafe?!!
I haven't got the time or patience to go through that amount of photo's either!! Love seeting your photos Candee, you are really good at taking pictures. Love the creative frames you make too!

I am going to the florists either tomorrow or wednesday !!!! Hope to get some nice flowers. It's my flower club on wed night, the last competition for this year. The theme is 'Fireworks' as usual I don't have any ideas yet Lol! Suggestions would be very much appreciated. It also depends on what flowers are available of course.

Been missing you all!

This message was edited Nov 4, 2008 12:48 AM

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh a trip to the florist, lucky you fresh flowers for you and the club. Remember to bring them to the cafe when finished.
I have been weary all day, think I am catching one of your bugs, hope not next week is my big babysitting week all week with Abygail.
Didn't you start out the year doing a fireworks for the club, or have I completely lost my mind. Last of the year, you mean they don't have a Christmas theme?

Ohh lovely! a whole week with Abygail, better star resting now to to prepare LoL! I hope you will bring her to visit the cafe again!
I will make sure I get some reds and orange flowers at the florists, to fix up the tables in here!!
You haven't lost your mind, I did say it was fireworks one month, got mixed up with autumn shades I think.
In December they have fancy gift wrapping instead of a competition. Everyone wraps a gift and they are given to the old folks home.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Can't wait to see how you gussy up the tables in here. I don't have anything to offer right now, perhaps later I can find something.
Fancy gift wrapping, I'll bet you are an expert at that as well. I will try to get Abygail to the cafe, if she hasn't worn me out too much!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Keep the coffee hot...I'll be back soon but right now I am off to prepare the house for a wheel chair. Bob is coming home! He'll have to have a home nurse come in every other day as well as a phsical therapist and when I'm not at work I'll have to wait on him hand and foot... but he'll be home!

Our meager savings are gone and we will have to save every penny we can so I will not be renewing my subscription to DG for a while but this forum and a couple others are still open to non subscribers so I will be around still. Hugs all around and I'm off!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thrilled to hear you are getting Bob home. Try to pace yourself so you don't wear yourself out with all you have to do. Do you have anyone else around that can give you a hand with things?
I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and look forward to seeing you pop in any chance you get. Take care and we'll keep the latte steaming 24/7.

Louisville, KY

Congratsulations Zany! Glad to hear the good news. I'll keep chocolates on hand too.

Hi Zany, That is such Great news to hear Bob is coming home! Try not to tire yourself out!
It's good to know the medical side of things will be taken care of with the nurse making home visits.
C'mon eveeryone Zany needs coffee to keep her going!!!!! I know you all have coffee jugs in America!!!!!! LOL

Hi Candee, No I'm not an expert at gift wrapping, actually I'm rubbish at it . LoL!
Hope the Abygail preparations are coming along nicely?

Hi Plantgeek88! Nice to see you around these parts. I've been missing you mate!!!!!

Well, I'm off to play with my lovely new flowers!!!! catch you all later.......

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Can't wait to see your next creation. I think about 1 more trip to the grocery store will finish me off Terri LOL! Will likely still have to pick up a few things. I believe my MIL is going to come a few days as well to see her.

Well if you MIL is coming, maybe you shouldn't bring Abygail to the cafe in cyber space!
She might think you have a screw loose. Lol!

This message was edited Nov 6, 2008 5:42 PM

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

She knows I have a screw loose! Perhaps I will bring them both!

Everyone is welcome at our cafe!

Come on over and guess which is my Firework arrangement , Please friend! Any one of them could be mine, it's not that easy! or maybe it is???

Louisville, KY

Yes Terri, we have jugs here. lol
Whew, been busy with work, running 2 businesses, daily chores, cats and snakes and DW and... and... whew! Where's that danged coffee?

OOpps! sorry about the delay. Been cooking then helping one DD with homework and the other DD with hair dye!
Now that the homework DD has gone to bed and the hair dye DD has gone out with her boyfriend......
Chillax time for me, now I'm knackered LoL!

New coffee pot for one coming up! BTW, it will be REAL coffee, otherwise the arrangement quiz (on another thread) will be out the bag once you see my flowers!!

Louisville, KY

Oooh, can't wait to see. I bet it will be spectacular.
Real coffee mmmmm. (Homer Simpson drooling)

Here's your little pot for one, sorry no doughnuts today!

Thumbnail by terriculture

I thought it looked cute, and the cup comes with it!

Louisville, KY

Thank you Terri. Ummm ummm. Just what I needed. And what a neat serving set. Makes the java all the better. :)

While you are here, you might like to browse the latest flower arranger magazine.
I'll leave it on the coffee table in the lounge!

Here's something to eat from the mag!

Coconut ice
Pumpkin Bites
Sedum parcel

Berry Delight
Coffee Rings

Chocolate Log
Battenburg Slice

If anyone wants the instructions , I'll type them out.

Some arrangements to fit in with our modern theme.

From the European Floral Academy.....

Metalic container Sue!

Ikebana arrangements...

Arum lilies

Last one for tonight! Goodnight all.

Louisville, KY

Wow, these are all very nice! Thank you. Great yummies to go with coffee, beautiful blooms, pals, what more could anyone want?
Terri, you rock!

Louisville, KY

'Night dear. Me too. I'm whooped.

Thanks PG, glad you enjoyed them. Sleep well !

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well you better rest Terri, you have been quite busy. Those are some splendid ideas in the magazine. I have always been enamoured with that Ikebana, really my kinda thing. Sweet dreams to all!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

hi all, dropping in an arrangement for the weekend, as i will be spending time with Mum, so might not get in for a couple of days. Glad Bob is coming home Zany, good to see you both candee, and Plantgeek.
Terri, it is difficult to pick your arrangement. Maybe if we knew the other competitors, we would know their style also? Thanks for all the goodies!

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Weed, that is lovely. I love the leaves at the bottom. they really stage the arrangenemt beautifully.

Terri, that one with the two different green leaves is very striking. I love the simple elegance of it.

Wakey Wakey! Good Morning, It's a lovely sunny day here! Candee, I do admire the Ikebana style, but find it very difficult to do. I'm more your cram it all in , over the top style LoL!
( night night Sue)!
Have a good weekend with your Mum, be good! no burping, swearing or *arting LoL
BEAUTIFUL flowers! are they all from your garden? love the leaves too, they look great hangin' there! Did you use oasis at the top of the vase?
Hi Zany, that one is my favourite too! So elegant, reminds me to use light and dark shades of green for more impact!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
cram it all in
now doesn't that beat all, yeah, sure that is what you do !!!
Sue, those are lovely and I bet they are from your bloomin wonderland down under now aren't they? Tell you mum hello from all of us and do be sure to take her to the Big Banana!

This message was edited Nov 7, 2008 7:31 AM

Hello Candee!
How are you ? whats the weather like? what day is Abygail arriving?
Here's an arrangement for the cafe. Orange and red Roses Eucalyptus sp? leaves and stems. ( just hide it in the corner please)!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh very mod and perfect for the cafe.
It is actually 75 degrees today, I am leaving work early and cut grass. They arrive on Saturday!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Terri - thanks a lot for all those wonderful pictures. I have a lot of potential "stuff" in my garden, just am at a loss as to how to use them. the one that you have labelled Arum lilies - what are the feathery stalks? Almost look like some kind of Euphorbia, but a little finer.

Sue and Terri - lovely arrangements. Sue - what are the orange flowers?? Have a great time with your mom.

Zany - don't have much of a way of coffee pots. Will a teapot do? Bob is one lucky guy to have your loving care. Candee - have fun with Abygail. I am going to a "black and white" ball tomorrow at my dance studio....but I will be wearing purple.

Plantgeek - cats and snakes??? quite a combo there. We had three foster kittens for the past three weeks - two went to their adoptive home yesterday. One littlest one will be neutered next Wednesday (it took a bit longer for her to gain weight) and then she will join her two brothers in their new home. The person decided to adopt all three of them. I get to have my bathroom back (that was where my daughter decided their litter box and eating area will be)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.