Royal Gorge Iris in Southern Colorado

Hebron, KY

Has anyone ordered from these people before?

http://hometown.aol.com/royalgorgeiris/page1.html

I didn't see them in the GW listing.

The thing that I don't like about them, now that I'm starting to browse their site, is that when a person clicks onto a pic of an Iris, that they have numbers and/or names to ones that I don't know. What's up with that?! Makes you think that they aren't selling AIS Irises.

Marilyn

This message was edited Oct 26, 2008 8:03 PM

This message was edited Oct 26, 2008 8:08 PM

Hebron, KY

I don't think I'm that interested in ordering from these people now that I look and go thru the site. Don't feel comfortable ordering from them next year (or any year).

South Hamilton, MA

Are you looking for a specific iris?

Hebron, KY

Just checking all the iris companies, but yes, I am looking for several particular hard to find Iris.

I just sent my checks to the AIS and the Tall Bearded Society a few days ago to become a member and I am seriously thinking about joining the Historical Society also.

South Hamilton, MA

Have you checked Superstition gardens historics or Argyle Acres?

Cherryvale, KS

We always go to that region of Co the end of May. I'll go check it out. I always visit Greenhorn Valley Iris in Colorado City, Co. I'll ask Pat Soland about them!

Kingston, NY(Zone 5b)

I had been looking through the Garden Watchdog for different sellers of iris. It is frustrating how many of the names are 'closed', and how many web-links are bad. I made a list... but can not see how to contact the WD editor's. Can someone direct me there - still get a bit lost on this site...

edited to add that Royal Gorge is on GW.
thanks

This message was edited Oct 28, 2008 12:55 AM

Cherryvale, KS

I e-mailed Pat Soland about RGI, he said she was selling her father's hybrids . They have NOT been introduced through AIS. He said that some were quite good, and he had offered to introduce them. They did not seem interested! So, if I were you I wouldn't buy! Pat has alot of the historical iris. Greenhorn Valley Iris. Small rz, but healthy and economical!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.