Texas sage (leucophyllum frustescens)

Austin, TX

I have a Texas sage growing in a large pot in Austin, TX because I don't have a good place to put it in the landscape. The leaves have been dropping quite a bit and It is starting to look thin. It gets full sun in the morning only. It was blooming in the summer at the exact time that a mature sage across the street would bloom but it has stopped blooming and looking sorta bereft.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I'd check on your watering--in my experience these are pretty easy to overwater when they're in pots. If you don't think that's it, can you post a picture?

Canyon Lake, TX(Zone 9b)

All you have to do, is feed it some 13-13-13, and water it. They only bloom, when they are sprayed with water, or rained on. We have several, with only 1 in a container. The other ones are in the ground. The seeds are along the leaves where the flowers were. In west Texas, they just spred every where. That is one tuff plant. Thanks, Krispi

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

I fertilize mine every spring then give it a good watering..so the water comes through the bottom..then I leave it.. I have mine in a container in case you hadn't guessed already! :0) It is doing very well now that I have fertilized it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.