Question about using wormcast tea

Brisbane, Australia(Zone 10b)

I have a fairly simple question about using worm juice. How much should it be diluted, and how is it best used? By that I mean is it best applied to the roots or leaves?

And if anyone could tell me about its nutritional properties as well I would be very interested to learn.

I was just gifted about 10 bottles of it by my friend Lauren. Her gardener friend is going on a long holiday overseas, so wont be growing summer crops this year. She offloaded her worm juice onto Lauren, who passed it on to me. I gladly accepted it, but have never used it before. A good oportunity to learn about something new.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions,
Lena

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Lena - I don't know anything about the tea, but I know the castings do not need to be "cut" with anything else before use - they won't burn your plants, even using them straight. I would guess that you could use the tea full-strenght, as well, but maybe someone else with experience can help! Good luck! Samantha

Brisbane, Australia(Zone 10b)

Thanks Samantha. I diluted the tea 1:5 to water my houseplants and mature seedlings with this morning. It was such a pale colour, I hoped it would be ok. Glad to know I cant/ didint burn my plants with it. I am still hoping someone can shed a bit more light on it for me though!

:-) Lena

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.