(agapanthus) Diane L. Weisel

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Diane L. Weisel, known throughout Dave's Garden as agapanthus passed away on Monday, October 13, 2008, at her residence in Hampstead, NC at the age of 63.

From her obituary:

Born in Richland County, Ohio she was the daughter of the late James and Nancy (Snodgrass) Clemens.

Mrs. Weisel was a graduate of Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio. She was a bus driver with Pender County, logging over many miles daily. An avid gardener, Diane enjoyed swapping plants on the internet with friends from all over the country.

For years, Diane and her husband Jack were regulars at the Durham St. access in Surf City at Topsail Beach. Stopping in every chance they could get to talk and laugh with "Beach People" and friends.

She is now with her well loved husband of 33 years, Jack Weisel; as well as Glenn, Wayne, Dennis, Brian, Kathy and the rest of the gang.

To remember her always is her beloved daughter, Shain and son-in-law Nolan; also a granddaughter, her heart, Becca; her two furry companions, Maggie Mae and Skye; her true friend, Cindy and a few scattered relatives in Ohio and West Virginia.

"We had a grand time watching the river run........."

Tributes and Condolences may be offered to the family at http://www.mem.com./

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

My condolences to her family. We crossed paths a few times here at DG. I know she loved the critters.

Crossville, TN

Solrry to hear of this. Such a nice person. Jo

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

I am so sorry to hear of her passing, sending support to her family. Remembering the four paws.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

eyesoftexas just sent me this photo of Diane along with the following message:

Quoting:
Shain just sent me this picture of Diane, she said the memorial service was small and lovely, she was cremated, and her ashes were scattered in the ocean down by her home by a surfer friend. Would you please do us the honor and post this in the Memory Garden with her Memorial.

Thumbnail by Joan
Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I am so sorry to hear she has passed away. She seemed like a nice person and I know she adored her animals.

Lani

Ponditis

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Sorry to hear this she was a friend of a friend(meg who recently died suddenly.also.)

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Diane was a wonderful, witty, gifted lady...I loved her very much, and will always miss her IM's and emails which we shared daily. She truly was a kindred spirit to me. Now she is writing her Journals in the Light.

"eyes"

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Shain:
My most sincere sympathy to the family. My thoughts and prayers will be with you in the coming days, as you come to terms with your loss.
My hope is that your family will receive some degree of comfort, as I have with the loss of my Dad, from following in her footsteps here at Dave's. While I never met her, she and my Dad wrote back and forth on the various wildlife threads.
Walk In Beauty!
SingingWolf

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Oh My she lived close to me and I did not see her obit at all.
I will miss her.

Lavina

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.