Penstemon Canescens for SASE

Raleigh, NC

Hello to all, I have seeds of this beautiful native Penstemon, p. canescens. See my pics in Plantfiles. Tried to link, but no luck.

Not the easiest to grow from seed, I suspect, but if you are up for the challenge, I have this year's seeds. No trade needed, as I have no idea what these seeds will do. According to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower site http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=PECA8 , they are best germinated via cold stratification. I've also given you an address to a wonderful blog where the gardener has tried to germinate it for several years and lists his germination temps/methods. I'm guessing I've got enough for about 3-4 people, in order that each may have enough for a good try. Love to know of your outcome, as I have not tried to germinate these myself.

http://www.robsplants.com/plants/PenstCanes.php

gieten, Netherlands

hello
i want very much some seeds of these plant
i have a lot penstemons but these not
i love them so much

i have no usa stamps for send
ill live in the netherlands i can only trade

marjolein

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

I would like to try some of them if you have any left.

James

Blackshear, GA(Zone 8a)

I would love to try them also. Would you also like to have any of mine in the trade list? PLMK. André

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi,
Would love some seeds if you have any left.
~Synda~

Hi, that's a nice Penstemon, I'd be interested in it if you still had some to share?

Joseph

Raleigh, NC

I will try to get some for all who responded, but I have no more after that. Please send a SASE--my address is in the exchange, but if you can't find it, please send me a DMAIL. Thanks, and enjoy!

Raleigh, NC

I received an envelope from 'Amanda'. Can't find you here, but know I had 1 or 2 who only Dmailed. If you are Amanda, please send me a Dmail with your DG screen name, so I can make sure I don't miss anyone. Thanks!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Could that be spookycharles?

Raleigh, NC

Yes, Tgg, it was, and I found her via a DMail I had missed. Thank you! You want any seed?

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

I would still love some if you have any left.

James

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Do you think that wintersowing would germinate them? I would like to try a few if you think. We need to find a lunch out spot sometime soon:-)

Raleigh, NC

Well, I suspect it might, as Wintersowing is, essentially, cold stratification. Not sure, but, hey, worth a try, eh? Find a day you are free, and let me know, and we will chat, eat and I'll bring you some seeds!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

We have Tuesday off for Veteran's Day. Free then?

Raleigh, NC

AARRGGHH! I'm saying that because just before typing this I looked at the calendar and realized that was yet another day off from school!! Normally I like those days, but lately, we've had a few too many. Were you guys off Monday and Tuesday of this week as we were? Now Veteran's Day, then Thanksgiving---seems like alot to me. Alas, I am not free (darn it) as my son is having teeth pulled that day. Sorry--that would have been a good day. Any other time good?

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Next weekend? Pick a day...Yes, we just had two workdays. I suppose that they were scheduled there in particular because lots of schools, including ours, are polling places. Probably the same thing will happen 4 years down the road, lol!

Raleigh, NC

Sat might work--let me check with hubby...

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Cool!

Raleigh, NC

Oop's Tgg---forgot. Crazy week--what are you doing the weekend after Thanksgiving? Send me a DMail so others don't have to keep hearing us plan!

Raleigh, NC

Opening this thread to say--anyone have luck with these seeds? How'd you do it?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.