Egg cases?? Leave or remove...with???

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

When bringing the tropicals in I found these ??egg cases?? on the under side of my Jasmine leaves. I crushed one and found what is shown in photo. Any ideas as to what these are?? The leaf itself - is about 1 1/2 in long if that helps at all at IDing. What should I use on this if it's a "bad" think??? I sprayed with neem.

Thumbnail by Chantell
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Are you sure it's not scale? I've never crushed one and looked at it, but the un-crushed ones look like scale to me. Could be wrong though! If it is scale I think neem is supposed to work on it, although it'll be more effective against the crawler stage that doesn't have the hard shell. I usually try to blast those off with a good jet of water.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hmmm...you may be right...I'm clueless...guess since she's inside now I'll have to do more spraying and picking...ugh

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Definitely scale. Those are eggs underneath. You can handpick the leaves that are infected, but I suspect, by the number that you have on this leaf, that you have a pretty bad infestation. You'll need to spray several times, about a week to 10 days apart, to get all of the crawlers (scale before the scale is formed). It is difficult to completely eliminate scale.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.