Viburnum Valley B-day

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

VV, Have a wonderful day and truly thanks for all your help and encouragement. From another fan of the Noble Vib. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday, VV!

Thumbnail by victorgardener
West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday!!!

Thumbnail by claypa
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Happy birthday my friend!

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Sofer:

So glad to see you finally shaved. Or...did you burn the whiskers off while smoking one of those stogies? Thanks for the chuckle, Steve.

claypot:

Thanks for the good wishes, and the photo challenge. Is that a nice hobblebush? If so, darn you then, since that one won't perform here.

victor:

Wonderful assembly of assymetrical sterile florets there; maybe I'll get to see those Viburnum plicatum var. tomentosum blooms with you in person someday.

bbrookrd:

Thanks for the thread. Your image is too far away for me to make it out positively, but if it's that Viburnum melanocarpum (?) that I think you posted one other time...well, Patti, that's just rubbing it in.

My apologies to all of you that I was otherwise engaged on my birthday (including touring a group of Biltmore horticulturists around Louisville parks, and enjoying an inspiring dinner with my wife), and didn't take a look-see here till this morning.

I've always appreciated the banter, debate, discussion, and good humor shown on these threads. Thanks for another year of same, and I look forward to more to come.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

The best thing about that picture is she is planning on staying there a long time. See the can of stogies in the background, scissors and all. LOL

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

VV, I figured that hobblebush would be a piece of cake (the birthday kind) for you to ID. I'll try seeds again but I don't know if they'll make it. They do grow a couple counties north of here.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I always try to give something that the birthday person doesn't have.

This message was edited Nov 6, 2008 9:30 PM

Thumbnail by sallyg
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday VV. I hope you're hungry!!!

Thumbnail by stormyla
Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Sorry I miss this one, VV. All the same, best wishes.
Rick

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=5764155

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

sallyg:

Thank you kindly - I never got the chance to get my own. Maybe next year...

stormyla:

I've been told at times that I'm a fun guy - glad you think so, too.

Leftwood:

That's a cheery (despite chilly) scene. Glad viburnums are in it - are those V. carlesii or a relative?

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Juddii to the left, carlesii to the right. Both the same age. Carlesii has been trimmed a little to keep it out of the sidewalk. They change from maroon to red to orange-red before they drop.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Someone said this might be the place for me to discuss some questions aboutEucalyptus ......are they correct?

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

Sorry I’m late. Hope you had a great Birthday VV, and that everything is going well out in the valley.
Mike.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

JBerger, I thought until I just read about Eucalyptus that they were not ever frost tolerant. But I see there are a couple, so maybe V.V. knows about them too. Someone on the Tree and Shrub forum will be able to help you. Good luck. Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.