۞ Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer ۞ #7

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/905356/
Lingernot is a long distant cousin to Staynot. Staynot is currently away and can't be found at the current time. Lingernot has volunteered to fill in until Staynot returns.

You keep it for one week.
Must take a picture of the Gnome in your garden.
Sign a piece of paper with small note and place inside of Gnome.
Write your location at the bottom of his pedestal.
Post pictures and send the little guy to the next person.

Keep in mind we should keep all addresses off of this forum and just between the person who has it and the person who needs it.

ps. The Lingernot likes Tropicals and other Gnomes...

Hosts:
1. Kimarj *
2. svplantingfool *
3. jojoringer *
4. Slipperman MIA (Give us Staynot or else...lol)
5. LariAnn *
6. Sheila_FW *
7. abbisgranma *
8. heavenscape *
9. barhea7*
10. Samigal *
11. ByndeweedBeth
12. Pixydish *
13. BeaHive*
14. sunnyg (on his way USPS # 03062400000335937454)
15. Santeelady
16. Sally_OR
17. nanniepb
18 Pamgarden
19. Doe41
20. Texasbigleaves
21. CMoxon
22. jordankittyjo
23. LavinaMae
24. Mrs_Ed
25. makshi

We know you'll be a gracious host to Lingernot, and before you release him to the next in line, dmail that DGer to confirm mailing address and ensuring active participation and if possible, the contact phone number.
Thanks.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2008 8:43 PM

This message was edited Nov 2, 2008 12:19 PM

This message was edited Nov 9, 2008 9:32 PM

This message was edited Nov 14, 2008 5:34 PM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I hope the Aroid family here forgive me for posting the picture with no aroids!!! I got overly excited!!! Ok.. to correct my error, here's my baby.

Pegi, I am sure Lingernot needs a good rest. I can't believe my eyes when I read your post!! So good to see that little fella. Now I can call off the search party and tell the Gneaux'm clan he's okay.

Thank You Barhea for sending him along!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Sorry no ariods to post, but I think my neighbor has one, so hope that counts.

Jaye, the little angel and seeds did come with Lingernot. His little straw hat too.

Will post later, still having trouble finding my pictures in computer. Has to be a simple answer to my delima and I'll figure it out.

Pegi

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

So glad to see he's not gone forever!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yea!!! Our little feller isn't out in the cruel cruel world alone anymore!!

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Yay! He showed up :-)

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Maurice, my elder Gnome has spread the word to all my garden residents. Everyone is so elated that he is safe and hopefully enjoying sunny California ! Now we need to find Staynot and get Slipperman to release him!!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Eugene, OR

Hurrah!! He's with family again. Hope he enjoys himself in sunny California. Stay far far away from those nasty fires!!!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh what wonderful news. Worth waiting on my sister's antiquated computer to boot up so I could read!! Please give him some extra special care and love from his Auntie in Florida.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

He will never get here.:(

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

haha. yup, not going to make it for your holiday cooking. However, I think I might have some spring flowers blooming by the time he arrives!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Heck at the rate things are going I may be eating tomatoes by then.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

yah, and my Elephant Ears will be big again! hee hee

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't think I will sign up for one of these again unless it has a entry limit and the organizer has the phone numbers of all of the participatants! LOL! I find myself losing track or interest when they go missing like that.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Well I did forget and just ran across the tread today. I will keep up with it better now I hope.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Diane, there's the wreath swap you might be interested in.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Doing the dance of joy with my fairys!!!!! I'm soooooooooo relieved that Lingernot is safe and sound and continuing his adventures.

Lingernot wanted to see the little ceramic chair sitting in the flower bed. Next to it he discovered a mum just starting to grow. They have gnomes from giant clan here too to watch over everything. Going to visit some more gnomes later, but was told no lady gnomes, so sad.

Thumbnail by Samigal

There is a patch of purple petunias here so I wanted a closer look. Was pretty hot out there today so didn't want to spend too much time in the sun.

Thumbnail by Samigal
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Sniff* sniff* So happy to see that handsome lad's face again.
((((((((((((Lingernot)))))))))))))))
Pegi, he loves being in the sun, doesn't he?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Funny you said that heavenscape. I'm very misty but was blushing to say so.

Yes, Jaye, he loves it in the sun, but I was cooking. LOL I'm still having trouble getting my pictures where I want them, but I'll practice a lot. Will be posting more pictures of the little guy and hopes he likes it here.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

They're happy tears, Dahlia. The economy and our political climate have brought many down, but to see this fella again....
His appearance certainly lifts my spirits up!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No kiddin heavenscape, all the more reason to share the luv and the joy. Thanks again my friends for letting me jump in and share Lingernots adventures (says mitten-clad dahlianut who could only have an aroid as a houseplant sigh).

Eugene, OR

Sure hope Lingernot soaks up the sun now. By the time I get him, he'll need long underwear!! So good to hear he's coping with all this. Probably better than we have. heeheehee

Lingernot says it is just too hot here, needs some cooler days. Went out to visit the gnomes, they are trying to stay cool. One little guy was so shy that he wouldn't take his hands away from his eyes even though I tried to assure him I meant no harm. Others were so friendly and told me some owls are coming to live around us. One I didn't get to meet has his own computer and faithful dog, but had an accident and had to go to hospital for broken arm.

Thumbnail by Samigal

A couple more pics

Thumbnail by Samigal

I couldn't get the little guy climbing the flower pot to come down.

Thumbnail by Samigal
scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh my! That's quite a "clan" you have there. Be sure to skip me even though I'm on the list next...since I'm Lingernots "mama".

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think the little guy with his hands over his eyes might be 'Sleepy' the famous dwarf incognito. He looks verrrrrrrrrry familar.

I didn't know you were Lingernot's mama, ByndeweedBeth, but wondered how come you city was already on his "bottom". Ok, when we say good-bye to Lingernot I will send him on his way to Pixydish.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Samigal...just curious....how many towns/cities are on there now? I was wondering if his previous stop in PA was on there too.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Pegi, he looks so happy meeting your clan!
I'm sure Mama Beth is relieved.

Shelia, there are 5 cities/towns on Lingernot's bottom. ^_^ His last stop in Pa. wasn't recorded, so maybe he didn't get out of his box. He will be on his way to Wa. soon and Pixydish is looking forward to his arrival.

Pegi

Good thing I reread my post, manage to leave some letters out of words.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2008 9:19 PM

I have just discussed the imminent arrival of Lingernot with the leaders of my gnome clan. Hans has been waiting so long that he is getting irritated. But then, Hans is always irritated so that doesn't mean much.

Thumbnail by

The clan fathers are spreading the word and planning festivities for his arrival.

Thumbnail by

Several of the clan members have been climbing up into the hills to collect special plants and good things to eat. Lingernot can expect to have a rousing, PNW goodtime!

Thumbnail by
Eugene, OR

Pixydish, it looks like your clan lives quite comfortably and I am sure Lingernot will have a fine visit. I'll try to hold the rain down here for a while if I can. But then the rain is a big part of the PNW isn't it?

I told Lingernot that your clan was really going to welcome him with open arms. I'm sure he will really enjoy his visit with all of you. Getting him ready to leave.

Pegi

Lingernot was sent on his way to Wa. this morning. Confirmation #03073330000133702498. Hope he gets to Wa. soon as Pixydish is awaiting his arrival.

Pegi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.