CLOSED: Secret Santa

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I have a few minutes to post this, I guess we can go ahead and open it. Here is everything so far, I will be a bit busy the next few days but will check in often to update.

I will thru d mail give each gift a letter and each person their number, that way no one knows what the gift is (even me).

When I set it up to "open" gifts the 29th, I will announce person with number one please choose a letter from A- what ever the last number is. say person 1 picks number g, then the person that has letter g has ??? minutes to either post a picture or post a description of said gift( I would ask that a picture if at all possible) and have it ready before this is to begin. Ok then number 2 will pick and they can pick the gift that number 1 picked or another number. If they steal the gift then number 1 will pick another gift letter. Once the very last person say letter z ( if by chance we have more than 26 I will assign a number to a letter as in A1 B2 and so on) has picked a gift the very 1st person is now their turn to pick again (they never had a chance to steal) Once person 1 has taken a gift the game is over, unless person 1 steals a gift, then whom ever she stole the gift from gets to pick the final gift or steal from someone that has not had their gift frozen(2 times stolen gift is frozen), you see this can go on for a while.

You can not repick the gift that was stolen from you but you may pick a gift that was stolen from someone else.

The gift amount will be MAX $ 20.00. This is not to say you cannot make a home made gift or give something you already have.

There is no theme per say, this is a gift you are giving to a secret person.

I need input to what would be a good time for you all between 10 am- 5 pm central time. Saturday the 29th of November is when we will ALL have to be here until your gift is chosen and stolen 2 times. If it is not stolen you must stay to the end.

I would suggest at least 2 hours for this, it may not take that much time. Also I need you girls and guys to decide on how long a person has to respond to post their picture or description. During the picking, I can NOT and will not be answering d-mail or private messages.

By chance say number 4 can not pick due to some unforeseen reason then they will be moved to the bottom of the list and I guess if they do not come back online I will be forced to make some decisions that I do not know at this time.

I will make a separate thread for the game day.

1. luvs2garden2000---Tia, Tina, whatever
2. Darlinmoma--------Tia's mom aka Darlene
3. taters55----------Linda Kay
4. heavenscape-------Jaye
5. Robynznest
6. purpbutfly--------Cindy
7. 1AnjL-------------Anjl
8. Fairy1004---------bestest fairy
9. PeaFowlAnjL-------Cheryl
10. santeeLissa
11. roserairie
12. zhinusmom---------Trisha
13. zhinu-------------Laura
14. Bettypauze-----Betty
15. plantRN--------Beth
16. sunnyg
17, catspower----Cathy

This message was edited Nov 5, 2008 7:25 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sign me up please
Linda Kay

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm in!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Me too. please.

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

I'm in but..................i think you might be taking some of the fun away by not letting them choose their "stolen" gift again, if they really like it, but they would have to wait until someone stole what they have before they can steal it back. Make sense? That is the most fun of the whole thing. But I'll go with the flow.

This message was edited Oct 22, 2008 4:45 PM

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm in! sounds like alot of fun!

so once we know who got our gift..then we mail it to them?

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

me me me me!!

Make sure to put a link in the interest thread so peeps can find this:)

Gate (Rochester), WA(Zone 7b)

Sounds like fun. Think I BETTER be able to type enough by then. If not, will have DS take over for me.

Count me in!

Cheryl ~ Pea

Cheryl-you don't really need to be able to type-just upload a picture and pic a pressie:)

Cindy, we can talk about it, what does everyone else think, should we allow the gift to be restolen by the same person it was stolen from?

Did we set a limit for the amount of times a gift can be stolen??

Tia, I don't want to cause problems this is your swap and you do it how ever you want. I think maybe 3 minutes at the most? I better get started on mine. I've never made one before so I need to see how difficult it's going to be.

times Cindy-not time-like after 2 or 3 times it is frozen....making what B4-I am so confuddled-is there a theme I didn't see????????????

Yea but Tia, was asking how much time we should allow for a decision on picking, right Tia or am I confuddled?

ok there is not a theme per say you give a gift that you think everyone would like. We can talk about the times to be stolen also. This is why I started this so early so we could work it out the way most everyone would like it.

thats right the time frame to pick the gift, we have to remember those on dial up

OK-I was talking about your ?? a few above-as in can you steal your gift back from the person that stole it from you!!LOL I think we are confuddling each other this am!!ROFL!!

I think 3-5 mins is fair-I have no clue how long dial takes...

We'll get this puppy worked out....and it's going to be a blast.

yes I will need to know how you get onto the internet, say you are cable and you have bad weather I will need to know that also. I am dsl so unless the punk kids steal my cable line again, I will be ok. If for some reason that happens I can run up to moms and use her line.

I am on cable-no problems so far:)

cable here also. I think 5 minutes should be enough time, even for those on dial up? As far as the stealin presents goes, there should be limit on that, otherwise, this would take all day. Just my opinion.

LK

yes I agree, it will be either 2 or 3, I say 2 so that we wont be at it all day. When we do it here with family there is between 13-18 people and it takes up about an hr and half to play it. But we do a bit of chit chatting also.

So is this how it will go? 1 picks 3 steals it, then one more person can steal it then it's frozen? or 1 picks, 3 steals then it frozen?

that is what we are trying to decide, if it can be stolen 2 times or 3 times. then once it is stolen the max amount of times it can not be stolen again. Also something else that is up on the table, Say I am number 1 I pick a gift then Cindy is number 2 and steals my gift, now it is my turn again can I steal the gift back from Cindy? If it is at 2 steals and then frozen my gift can not be stolen again. How I have it right now, I would not be allowed to steal the gift from Cindy I would have to choose another gift.

No you can't turn around and steal it back, at least that's how we do it.

that is how we also do it.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Tia.... *raising my hand* I wanna play in this one...purty please :o)

ok got ya in Lissa. Will edit it later today.

I think 2X max-and the person that gets stolen from has to wait til the end-then can go again...IMHO-but will play whatever way you all decide:)

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Can I get in? Not sure how this works even though I read the first post, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Sounds like fun!
Rose

Don't worry we'll take care of you. WELCOME roserairie!!

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Okay it looks like Laura and I are in.........twisted my arm again!!!!!

okie dokie got you all.

Gate (Rochester), WA(Zone 7b)

K, typing again. The way I have played b4 (never on web tho). Max steals have been 2 (that would give 3 tries at a gift - 1st chosen + 2 steals, then frozen) & you can not steal back the gift just stolen from you; however, can steal a gift previously stolen from someone else. Make sense?

Will do whatever the group (Tia) decides. This will be a BLAST! Great idea Tia!
Also, I am on DSL through Qwest. No idea if weather will cause problems yet. No major wind / rain storms since signed up.

Can't sleep - shoulder letting me know it is still here....lol Hahaha shoot!

Cheryl ~ Pea

HIYA ROSE!!!

Welcome Laura & Trisha!!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Hi Fairy -- this should be fun! Can't wait.

Hi Rose-we are on 1st name basis here my dear-so it is Stacey or Bestest Fairy;)

If something should happen, bad connection, or we get sick, what ever, can we pick someone from the list to pick for us? So we don't mess up the whole game? Like the host?
Linda Kay

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.