She's About To.............#30

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Here you go hotties! Don't know why I'm bothering though, all you TM will just stay playing on the old threads, LOL! Just razzin, I know how ya'll love to be mischevious...

Thumbnail by darkmoondreamer
South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Morning Karen, love the pix

Thanks Donna, I liked it too! Bonnie you asked yesterday to see a picture of my marble bowling ball, I found one for you!

Thumbnail by darkmoondreamer
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow very beautiful bowling ball I must say.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Morning all you Angel Hotties and Handsome...s? Hey? where's Wolfie and Mike?? You guys lurkin?? Karen thanks for the pic, tehe I made one almost exactly like that one! lol I spray painted it dark blue first and use the same color "marbles"... I think I've posted my mosaic one before... now you're getting me pumped up to start the hottie caper ball.. thx! Donna, d-mailing you now!

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Mornin!!!
Karen... that pic is soooo cute!! and you know what I think of your gazing ball... just love it!! Awwwwwww Karen... you know the current thread is always HOME... TY for making us a new one!!
Donna.. welll... what's on the agenda today?? I woke up earlier to let the dogs out, and i could have sworn there was a lil frost on the ground... must have been dreaming though... we never have one this early... well almost never! I better start watching the news though... cause "he: could come any day now, and i don't want my babies out in it!!

Well today is busy.. as usual for me it seems..lol The guys are starting to put Momma's new roof on. We decided on the green tin. Lyle has another Dr apt in Beaumont this afternoon, so that will be all afternoon, and i have to get up from here and get some things done. I enjoyed my playing with ya'll last night, but now it's back to the real world. Course.. I still have to check in..lol
Everyone.. smile... and have the best day of their life..TODAY!!

Mornin Bonnie.. we crossed..posted that is...hehe

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Becky you're a rock, woman!.. your greenhouse plans sound A-1 I think.. big enough that maybe once you have plants in there, you can take your laptop out there and hide for some R&R and Hottie time! I'll try to have the best day of my life, I know I'll make the most of whatever it brings or I can produce... I'll let you know how it goes... ;) rain, rain and more rain... Monster White that Joyce gave me is flushing again, and I bet when I get home tonight they'll be ugly from all the rain, but I sure soaked up the pretty before I pulled out of the drive this morning. Joyce, she is a joy of a brug, I think she had blooms constantly all summer.. I gots to get busy here... BBL

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Beck...We just put a tin roof on the main part of the house last year..
(already had one on my deck/balcony..love to hear the rain...)
I love it.....If it rains hard enough and your upstairs you can really hear it now..

Oh ooh Beck there's a hottie over on 26 using that cuss word alot..and she's got 2 friends with her..
Where's the wet noodles??

Phyllis... I wanted to hear that rain sound... but we put the tin on our place, and can't hear anything, unless I go out on the carport! Sweet memories at my Gparents house when it rained!! Hey ..I need to take a pic of their house! Course with no one living in it for 30 + years it's seen better days, but to me it's still a gem!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I'm on it Phyllis! No noodles OR switches are gonna take care of this one... You TM's are OUT OF CONTROL, one last ditch effort and me and Becky will relinquish our duties.. right Beck? Hey, how much to rent that place out? Sounds like something I can afford and I'm real handy fixing stuff up...

My deck/balcony door is in my bedroom....It my private little Idaho...
The Dh built it for me...He thinks i'm spoiled...
That's where all my tropicals will be next year...
So all I have to do is open the door and lay in bed and listen...
There's nothing like the sound of rain...

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Morning everyone. Busy place we have going here. The ornament swap with 54 names!!! Donna, that must have taken you forever to do?
And recipes, and bowlingballs!!!
Now I don't remember all that I read. I gave up on the TM's, in the other rooms, tsk, tsk, tsk!!! LOL
My Karoosh is just fine. He is still sore this morning, but doing better. He sure looked funny with those quills on the end of his nose!!! LOL
1Anjl, hope your doing better.
Need more coffee, so off I go, I will be back later.
LK

Bonnie.. I'd give anything for you to "rent' it but someone outside the family bought the property... I "think" Lyle might buy it...IF they ever decide to sell... but I am afraid the ol house will be too far gone! They stay in a trailer behind the ol house when they come up

Phyllis.... I guess some people love to make others miserable..lol.. what to do about this?? Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed... BUT WE don't allow any cussing.. so here i go...hehe

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Karen, I love the picture you put up top. Is that our new Hotties T-shirt design????
Anyone for a second?

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Yeah, Karen, what is it? Stepping stone? Hot Plate? Pot holder??

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Mornin' all...just quietly reading everyone's post...love the bowling ball what a great idea!!! Anyone else have 'Xena' by the way? I'm still (even at night) not noticing much of any scent...very disappointing.... :(

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Hi all

Just got back from the Chrio, I did some stops on my way home so it took up most of the day. I walked all over Walmart and some more in HD. I think I drove a total of 80 miles so I’m now deeming myself fine.

Beck you get that GH as big as you can. You can never have too much room for plants!

Karen that bowing ball is fantastic, I love the colors. I think the pix would make a great shirt too.

Linda Kay, so glad your furbaby’s nose is fixed and he is doing good, sleeping it off.

Phyllis now I’m going to have to go check out the TM on the old threads and see what they are up to.

Chantel, I don’t have Xena but my Ecuador pinks had no scent at all as far as I could tell. I could smell New Orleans Lady from 50 ft away. I hope she make it through the winter and grows big so I can share her with everyone. She’s a real looker too with those double peach blooms.

Bonnie you have mail

This message was edited Oct 22, 2008 2:27 PM

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ah Donna - thank you! Looks like I'll be giving her to my neighbor or offering for trade then...with my limited room I really would like to focus on the fragrant ones.

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

good afternoon! Just popping in to say "Hi" to the Hotties and Handsomes and have to get busy again on getting hubbie out of here in the morning with everything he needs, or might need or even might want. Whew! I feel like I'm sending him to summer camp or something... LOL. I'll have to catch up with ya'll tomorrow. Don't get too far ahead of me, and stay on one thread Please??? Peg

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

AUNTBEEEE! thanks sooo much . that ground cover will work so good ! and the brugs too thank you!!

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Wow #30 already, how in the world am i going to catch up????

Anyway will be back this evening, finishing cooking dinner for the family, as usual.

Guess w!hat I AM GOING TO SEE DONNA on SAT, YEAH doing the happy dance here all over the house, the block, the neighbohood, lol!

Nice evening to all and until later

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Hello H's & H's!!!! Karen that pic is sooo cute and would make a great Hottie shirt!!! Love the BB too! Well congrats Becky!!!!! I know you can hardly wait to play in your new GH!!! I'm glad your baby is gonna be ok Linda Kay!! WTG Donna ^_^

TM Clemen ^_^

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Yay, Clemen is coming to RI to see schools this weekend and lucky for me one of them is only a few miles away from my house so I WILL get in the car and meet them there. Yippy, happy dance for me too.

can't get in to much trouble...being it's a school trip and all.......right ; }

This message was edited Oct 22, 2008 6:25 PM

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Wondered why all you Hotties were so quiet, I was on the wrong thread....dang!
I was really worried about you all.

Don't worry Joyce.... someone is always chattin' on one of the hottie threads LOL!!!

Hey everyone! Hope you all had the best day of your lives, like Becky said ☺I weedeated all day, hopefully the last time this year, raked and tried to finish closing up the yard for old man winter. It's raining now, which is great, my plants needed to be watered and I have been lazy on that with the cooler weather.

Bonnie I grout my bowling balls with cement after I put the marbles on, so I don't paint the ball. Holds them in place forever.

Donna and Clemen I am so happy you get to meet! Be sure and get pictures for us!

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Jeanne - You can use watersorb crystals on the Devil trumpets - I did mine - it not only helps to not have them too dry - it wicks excess water away from the roots - for plants that don't like wet feet - I use them in my cyclamen/gardenia bed

Peg - Did you make the pot of BBQ? Becky said you made brisket?

Love the pic at top - I think it would make a great Tee

Esther

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Tex Mex - If you go thru Dallas - one small family owned chain - Anamia's - Great Tex Mex food - (Coppell, Southlake, Flower Mound )- Great Frozen margaritas and the best service - We go every Fri night!!

Hotties I have a random question......Can I put a raised bed on top of St. Augustine grass without pulling out the grass? Will it just eventually die?

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Karen I make raised beds on top of grass all the time. I just dies out.

Thanks Donna, I was sure hoping that was the case :) I HATE pulling grass up for anything

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

KIMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm sneaking in before I serve dinner, YEAH, I am trouble maker and i love it!!!!

Karen no grass here , sorry can't help. promised to come back, let me eat and get caught up!

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Good evening Hotties !! I am having to work off my old laptop..I am having my computer upgraded and redoing some wires outside..I been busy cleaning up my yard little by little on the weekends..have 3 acres to finish after my backyard is done..lol

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Esther, thanks for the heads up on the devil trumpet.

I have read so much in the last two days on this thread I can't remember where I read what. Karen, is there neem oil in that recipe. I copied the recipe into my journal but I've read so much about neem oil and brugs, I don't remember the context. I think the neem oil is strictly for spraying for pests and fungus right? I got a bottle today of the concentate at Lowes. I also made the recipe. I found everything but the fish algae. I don't know of an organic garden center here in Palestine.

I pray now that my cuttings will prosper.

Jeanne there is no pesticide in the recipe, only fertilizers. Neem oil is applied seperately w hen needed. If you want the kelp or fish emulsion I could buy them for you sometime in Tyler and meet you with it. Funny about your devil's trumpet problem. Mine are ALWAYS thirsty, and never seem to get enough water. They wilt quickly and let me know too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.