CLOSED: Have: Purchased Hybrid Cucumber Seed Packs

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

If anyone is interested I have eight packs of hybrid cucumbers that I won't be growing and would love to send to someone who would like to grow them.

The varieties and their year/quantity are below:
Burpee Hybrid II (Burpee) - 1 full pack (2005) and a partial pack (2006)
Fanfare Hybrid Slicer (Ed Hume) - The 'Fanfare's have found a home
Garden Sweet Burpless Hybrid (Burpee Organic 2005) - Taken
Jolly Green Hybrid (Burpee 2005) - 1 small partial pack
Sugar Crunch Hybrid (Garden Place 2005) - Taken
Sweet Slice (Ed Hume 2006)
- Taken

All cucumbers have found loving homes - thanks!

Thanks,
Amanda

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 2:42 PM

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 7:06 PM

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 9:13 PM

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Are any of these a bush variety?

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

The 'Burpee Hybrid II' and 'Jolly Green' are the two that are left and neither of those are bush cucumbers. However, if you're in search of bush cucumbers I have newer seeds of the OP 'Bush Champion' and 'Spacemaster' and could certainly send some of those along with your Vaccinium ovatum seeds if you want to try either of those varieties.

~Amanda

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I would love to try them. My DGS who lives with us dearly LOVES cukes. He can make a meal of sliced cukes with shredded cheese. He is also becoming a gardener so I know he would love growing his own.

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Cucumbers are one of my favorites as well - they're one thing that no matter how many someone puts in front of me, I can't help but eat them all ;)

The 'Bush Champion' and 'Spacemaster' are both very easy to grow, compact varieties that yield well. They yield great here and would both be fantastic for a cucumber lover starting out in gardening. I'll definitely send some of those your way.

~Amanda

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks a million. I can hardly wait. I won't tell DGS. I'll let it be a grand suprise for him.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.