Continuas Bloom Iris

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Does anyone have a source for What they call continuas blooming rather than reblooming Iris. Preferably Tall Bearded. I am still looking at Iris to use for Northern rebloom.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Winterberry lists some continuous bloomers. Along with many rebloomers. The largest source of rebloomers I have ever seen, and they list them along with the zones they are known to rebloom in. Their catalogue is very informative in regards to rebloomers (and hybridizing).

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Polly I have their catalog and there are Lots of rebloomers and it is one I would recommmend too. I was hoping for more continuas bloomers or ones having the gene in them. Do you know of any.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I don't but I did see mention of the continuous bloomers in Winterberrys catalogue. Did you see that? I don't remember how many there were, but not many. I remember it was noted in an odd place. I can pull out my catalogue tomoorow if you can't find it.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I did not see it but have it right here. I'll look again. Will let you know if I find it. thanks again
Steph

South Hamilton, MA

The best continuous bloomer right now is an SDB 'Forever Blue' by Chuck Chapman. rebloomnut, Winterberry is the best source, but plants don't always co-operate & they are zone 6b.

South Hamilton, MA

The research on rebloom is going forward so if you see a zone 4 plant it just may fall bloom--you are looking for bloom early in the spring (marked E) and periods of bloom over summer & fall. If you find some which work for you, then you will find that you are a good source of information.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Thanks IrisMa. I am looking through Winterberry right now and making a list of Zone4 rebloom. I will include all Early in it also. I will try to make a post soon with what I find.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.