CLOSED: Have passiflora seeds

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I have a few trades of these guys that were just harvested and cleaned. I not sure which ones they are. Below is the pic I took when they was first coming up in the yard in the spring. They not ony pretty, but are food for the monarch butterfly I know.

I am looking for petunia seeds. Any kind and any color if you have some, if not just send me a regular stamp. These guys are very tiny and will ship in a regular envelope with bubble wrap around it.

Thumbnail by starlight1153
(Mike) Batesville, AR

I sent you an email! :)

Mike

Thumbnail by sibhskylvr
Chula Vista, CA(Zone 10b)

Hi Starlight,
I would love to have some seeds. How do I get in touch with you? How did you get the seeds from the plant?

Thanks,
Ilyana
Olupua

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Mike ya make me drool and I just got the keyboard cleaned up. LOL Got ya!

Olupua.. Send me a dmail with your addy. If ya don't know how to send a dmail, just click on th eblue starlight1153 of my name and a screen will come up and there wil be a link for you to send me a dmail.

I leave the fruit grow on the vine, when they are green they are edible, but I leave them to turn yellow on the vine. When they start getting soft and are turnign from yellow to brown I pick them or let them fall off the vine and then gather them up.

To clean the seeds I break the pods open and place on a plate and let them sit in the sun for a coupel of days while the jelly sac aroudn the seed dries. Then if your lucky a good rain will come and cleans the seeds totally clean and I bring in and let dry .

I have no idea on how to germinate them because I let the pods and seeds go with nature and plant themselves where they want for the butterflies.

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I would love to have some of your passi seeds. I don't have any petunia seeds but you can check out my trade list.
Thanks
Caren

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Heaven scent. Don't you worry. Will send them with the other seed for ya. I know ya down there in that disaster area. Glad to give ya anythign I have that ya can use to help rebuild. Glad ya safe and that what counts the most. : )

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Thank you!!

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

You have dmail.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Star -- do set aside some for me too. No rush - it can wait til the Piggy Swap.

I'll try them on my fence to see how that works out.

Terese

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Got ya all saved Teresa : )

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Just an update or two.

First cuz of gas still here. I forgot to say before I only go to po every other week and so your seeds wil be going out on Monday when I go to town.

Second, didn't know how to start these inside myself only left outside on th eground, so went to passi forum for germination help and here a link to help evrybody to germinate the seeds.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/915758/

Ya gotta use Oj, isn't that totally so cool! Learn somethign new all the time. : )

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Star -- if i am included on that list... no rush as i can't WS until Jan or so.

OJ huh? neat.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.