It's about to............#28

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

The hotties are too hot to stay on one thread for long ;) Brugs, dogs, babies, we love to talk about them all!

My Pink Velvet today :)

Thumbnail by darkmoondreamer

Hotties can I overwinter Dats in the ground here in 8a? Will they grow back from roots each year or do I need to overwinter in pots?

p.s. so sorry I put "It's" instead of "She's" on the thread title. I can't change it now :(

This message was edited Oct 16, 2008 4:30 PM

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Maybe Karen I have had Daturas is zone 5 they re seed and came back year after year.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Have to show you what I packed today..lol Peg that's your ginger...lol still have a few more, and then I will be packed.. and PACKED!!

Karen... just let some of the seeds fall on the ground. I think they come back from seeds not the mother plant. That's what they do here in 8b

Gotta cook something.. BBL

Thumbnail by beck5711
(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh my gosh Becky! It is the "green" mobile!!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

That is some mighty fine packking there!!!!

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank you for the info about the beautiful datura. Now, what is a Plumie? Are these two more plants that iI will be nuts about? They both have beautiful blooms. Do they grow in the ground or pots?

BONNIE, just in case you did not see my thank you on the last thread, I THANK YOU for the great brug cuttings you sent me. Wonderful box with 6 cuttings, Next year, I hope to be showing all my hottie friends blooms from the many Brugs you all have sent me. I have them all in pots in my sunroom and do hope they will like it there for the Winter.
Anjl, so sorry you are not well and do hope you will be back at home soon and feeling better than ever.
Still praying that baby Lily will be found.
Love to all, Faye

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

hi everyone ,
caren that bloom is soo pretty , man i cant wait ! ive been putting my babies outside and they are growing fast

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

You are MAILING that ginger!!!! WOW!
Faye...
Plumie.. Plumeria.. think you worry about a brug! don't even think about a plumeria unless you really want to baby a plant! LOL I have about 20 small plumerias I started 2 years ago and have my first inflo .. infloresence.. flower stalk .. growing.. it probably will not bloom until spring if I am able to keep it alive unti then. LOL I lost about 15 of my plumies this year due to neglect. I either over or under watered them.. over or under fertilized .. over or under sun.. etc. LOL

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Wolfie, I got my seeds today!

hotties are out of control tonight ! 3 hottie threads going? i dont know where to sit . like in high school lunchroom LOL

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Tammie... no... all those plants are for the RU where Peg and I are going this Saturday! Some are double decked.. I never thought I would get them all in... but just barely did..lol.. I have 1 plumie, and I barely look at it.. in full sun,and so far so good
Faye... the plumies are tropical and have to be kept in a pot. They're what the leis are made from in Hawaii
Kim... I am WOMAN..lol... I know how to pack it in..
weese... I wished I had taken pics first.. theres a bunch of plants in there.. all the way to the front seat
Karen... pretty brug!!Sure wish you were going Sat. too!!
hey Dana,James and Audrey.. what's going on??

Love that Pink Velvet Karen!!! Becky how true!!! : )

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

I want PEG"S GINGERRRRRRR! WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Still waiting for the blue brug pic!

nothin just got back from a bulb hunt for a fellow hottie and this hottie lol. and got done feeding the kids and, well, dogs dinner .
i think i may have made a mistake .... i planted 25 hollyhock seeds in clear cups with press and seal on top... and 25 asiatic lilies, about the same in coneflowers . 20 datura triple purple w 2 seeds to a cup , and 20 white datura 3 to a cup . i thought it would take a month for everything to sprout putting me into nov then id move everything into gallon pots till spring . i was planning on trading or giving it to neighbors or whatever . well half of the hollyhocks sprouted in a few days , and half the cone-flowers . my problem is that my garage isnt heated but i do have grow lights . im just worried they will all die or get to big to soon . it dosnt get that cold in there im just trying to figure out how to set things up. in my laundry room i have my passiflora , hibiscus , 2 baby brugs some cacti and succulents . my dat seeds are on the dryer for bottom heat and a sunlamp clamped to the curtain rod . i wanted everything to be big by spring . i think those perennials will be ok as long as it stays around 40 . the lilies should be fine , should they sprout .i maby jumped the gun on the dats , but i read they were erratic and wanted to plant them as soon as it was safe in the spring . i wanted big plants . i guess i need a heater

Dana, you go girl get the heater, and good luck with your electric bill, lol, So you know how hard it is to sprout dat seeds, I am so bad at them and so are so many of us aorund. I have tons to give away if anyone want some.

Iris I've been doing my homework tonight...If you buy an electric heater get a "convection" type, they heat the whole room instead of just one spot. The "radiant heat" heaters (with the coils that get red) only heats one person's small area, like your feet. HTH, Love Karen

WOW!!! Dana maybe you started a wee bit early : ) Just have some fun with them!

This message was edited Oct 16, 2008 9:10 PM

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Hey Beck which one's mine??...teeheehee

Hey I over babied my Brugs and they didn't like it so I should do just great with the Plumies right!!
Does it take the Plumeria buds that long to open up??
It says it take the seed pods 8-9 months to develope and dry out...
Been reading up on them and they say you can take them out of their pots hang them upside down and store for the winter then pot them back up in the spring and water them...Tried to copy the stuff off the website but it wouldn't let me.
Copyright issues...
Borrowed the pic ...hope they don't mind..
Here's what Texas Aggie might look like someday

Thumbnail by lilsista59

dont even say the electric bill you know im trying to make my plants think its florida , and me too . the garage is 2 1/2 car so i was thinking of hanging thick plastic and boxing off a section where my grow lights are and putting a heater in there is that a fire hazard , or should i just get a bunch of heat mats. that will have to be my xmas present , also i got some passiflora seeds today . i m determined to start these hard plants

No heater here Karen, economy BAD

lol kim i was thinking about how the nurseries and stores have mature plants right on time for bloom . so i came to the conclusion that they start them before january lol. and i didnt want to wait all spring for erratic seeds . oh well im the only one who goes in the laundry room any way , that room will be packed with plants if i have too lol

Dana, I will be cutting down my passis big time and tons of cuttings here if you want to try them!

You remind me of me last winter! Inever did get my OBP seeds to germinate : ( I tried ylang ylang seed ,Joy perfume ,seed gloriosa lily seed and many I don't remember...I will be doing the same again lol!!

i havnt even looked into heaters , i dont want to know the $ and get my heart broken

Kim I want Ylang Ylang, my mom had a huge tree back in my country. The fragrance is to die for! I keep telling you we are the same!

Oh I forgot to mention all this goes on in a spare bedroom...much to my DH's chagrin ;-}

Sisters ^_^ Clemen!

Smoches sis, so what do you have in the spare room? Lights, heat, what??? Need help over here sis

lol i could move my kids into the same room . then they would really think i love plant more than them .

Well I have a couple of heat mats A lot of clamp lights and a shelf with cheep shop lights from HD I am trying to find a yard sale humidifier! And the room is heated. I wiil take a pic when it is stuffed with the whole garden : )

Iris this article might help you choose your heater and understand about them better.

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/house_and_home/space-heaters/review.html
The heater I'm getting is $78.00 at Lowe's and the article claims it's the top rated by consumers for heating an entire room efficiently. They are very energy efficient. You WILL save in the long run by not buying a cheapie heater and then the electic bill being higher.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=249077-33454-TRD0715T&detail=&lpage=none

This message was edited Oct 16, 2008 7:39 PM

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Iris just do what I did...I followed the directions to the tee.....waited and waited...nada
Got mad and took the 2 remaining seeds and put them in dirt hung it in my kitchen window and called it a day
Tada both seeds germinated....LOL
I just seperated them today their about 6" tall..hope I didn't kill them...LOL
Passiflora edulis flavicarpa- Yellow Passion Fruit..

Are the lights grow lights or regular??

that sound like my laundry room only the washer is the humidifier and the dryer is the heat mat , it really goes like 3 or more times a day . and i mist allot its like a nervous habit .

Well i know I do not need heaters here maybe lights. Just do not want to spend $$$$ on electricity

i m adding a tropical twist to my garden , i got passies that are supposed to be root hardy to z 6 , and im gonna let them climb in with my cl roses , that may be a mistake idk . and im gonna grow some with a black eyed susan vine , i like that contrast complicated purple flower x simple yellow..... i have this big dream you know lol

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Okay, taking a break here, dear Hotties and Handsomes! Beck, I've just got everything lined up to pack in my car tomorrow, haven't packed yet. I've got a brisket cooling down to cut and working on a pepperoni salad. Besides supper for us.

Louise, I thought we had lost you, no word for a long time. I still know something and you should be getting it soon. Tee hee, it has been fun being the "list keeper."

Faye, yes, a plumera is a plant you will go nuts for, just looking at it got me. It originally was the flower that was used in the leas in Hawaii. Remember Don Ho? Grief, how old am I? But probably the ones in the movies were fake.

James, no tomatoes in your vegetable garden? Or onions, beans or squash? Keith is my vegetable gardener and he plants everything tight and crowded in a small space, and then mulches with the grass clippings every time the yard gets mowed. No weeds, and good veggies. But it is not a "specimen garden", just produces. We still have huge tomato plants producing, and he just planted seeds for spinach. We will have fresh spinach at Christmas.

Karen, all I can say is (Hug)! I know I am getting ready to lose mine from old age, I have already been told to put him down, but they don't see him out trying to chase squirrels, eating up the sunlight and by my side all day when I work and grinning at me. and then getting sick when he's been too active. Different stories, different situations, but none of it is easy.

Got to get busy again. I know I have a camera and I have a laptop and Beck is not going to get the best of me. (Tee hee!) I will send pictures and wish all of you were there.

theres shop lights for like 20 bucks and they sell plant light bubs for 5 bucks i think , that fit in there. they have a blue and a warm to put in the florescent shop light . they have them at walmart .

I have a grow bulb in the ceiling only. Your room sounds great Dana! Clemen I learned my lesson about lighting...I lost a lot from lack of good lighting.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.