What's In YOUR Incubator??

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Actually the R-Com 20 can hold about 25 if they're bantam eggs! :-)

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

yea the only small eggs I would do is probably cochin and silkies and frizzles. Oh yea and the polish. Seems people around here want the Polish.

The Dalles, OR

Do all you of have seperate hatchers then?
CS

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I think I will, from what almost everyone here has said.

The Dalles, OR

Obviously these are the "set it and forget it" types which I love.
I have a wooden chest that had been a dehydrator that I am converting over.
I am wondering if anyone might have a really good, detailed drawing of how the turning racks are put together?
I may well give up this project I am doing in favor of buying a couple of R con 20's. Wish they could make a 40 egg R con. That would take care of most incubation needs of the small chick producer.

CS

The Dalles, OR

Oops sorry everyone, I spelled it wrong. Very tired today.

Reynoldsville, PA(Zone 6a)

i got 50+ eggs in the bator set to move to the hatcher of the gqf on the 9th. i got in from my girls-buff silkies, white silkies, white showgirls, seramas, partridge silkie/showgirls, blue/black/splash- silkies/sizzles/showgirls and i think blue/black/splash frizzled cochins not sure.

can't wait to see all the new babies!!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Someday Silkiechick.. I will have one of your darling white showgirls.. I just love them! (Seramas too)
Can't wait to see your babiez.. :) Do start a "mission" thread.. LOL It's so fun!

i'm trying to get my comp ports fixed untill then i can't do pics yet but holy cow u should see the 3 showgirls in the brooder!!!! gorgous is not the word and the splash is killer but she only has 4 toes i'm bummed. oh zz, u will have lots of babiez from me come springz!!! i will take lots of pics and go to walmart to burn to cd at once so it may take me a bit to do pics but there is another way if ports r nt fixed before hatch.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I will only have pets, so I am an outlet for any that are short on toes. LOL

(Zone 7b)

ZZ you can have as many or as little as you like pets or no pets just be happy with the way you want it to be and you will find you enjoy it more that way.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Well said Harmony! I do enjoy my chickens.. even that Marans Roo that I thought was a pain. He has won my affections in a distant way.

The other night I had to close the chicken door to the coop from the inside.. There are 4 roos in that side and normally, they don't let me near them.. I creep in... they are all on the roost.. although they objected to me being in there.. they just scooted over and let me creep in to close the door.. Just as I was stepping out.. The big Marans (Triumph) nailed me in the butt.. HARD! I laughed so loud..

(Zone 7b)

LOL thats just like and old roo gettin ya when your backs turned ROTFL

actually bred to a 5 toed she should throw normal babies and the only dq's she has is that and not much middle toe feathering. i see alot of nice traits that she could add to a bloodline- vault, type, size, ect. i think she will be a nice breeder someday and i've actually gotten attached to her,lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.