Help with finding seeds (on a Calla Lily)

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I have one calla lily bloom and want to find out where are the seeds and how to get them? PLEASE HELP ME

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

HoniBee... My callas have seeds, first time since I have been growing them. I had noticed what looked like spent flower blooms hanging down and just hadn't had time to tend that bed and cut off the flower pods. When I finally got around to it, I lifted one of the 'flowers' only to find it was very heavy and loaded with seeds. I'd estimate about 2-1/2" to 3" long, and at least 1" in diameter, with seeds that look the size of baby english peas. Mine are not ripe enough to pick yet, but I'd estimate 30 or more seeds per flower. I hope to take pictures of the seed pods (and then seeds) and post them later to our database.

I did a little research after I found there were seeds, and it seems the fresh seeds need to be planted now for best germination, which won't do in my zone as first frost is rapidly approaching. If I had a greenhouse, that would be a different matter.

Good Luck!

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

If you are not going to used them , can you share some with me?, in the southern hemisfere we are finishing winter, just the time to put any seed to the ground....
cristina

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

darius,
Thanks for info. I seem to like the things that have to be dug for winter. It is getting harder to do that so may have gear down. I need to move. :)

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

cristina,
If I get any seed I will let you have them.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

If you want to see a picture of seed pods, let me know.
Michele

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Diane, got your E. See the photo forum. :)
Michele

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Tanx Darius for the offer and Badseed for the photo
cristina

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey Cristina, Didn't mean to be rude. If you still need seeds, E me. :)
Michele

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.