Tropical Storm Omar

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This one has a funny flight path... It's in the Caribbean right now, threatening Venezuela, but is expected to turn northeast and pummel Puerto Rico before heading out to the Atlantic. Right now it looks like it will miss the US coast and even Bermuda, which would be great! Hopefully it will fizzle out in the (relatively) cold waters of the Atlantic and won't be a hurricane by the time it makes landfall anywhere.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

This message was edited Oct 14, 2008 3:46 PM

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

Our daughter and SIL live in the USVI and it looks like they will take a pretty good hit with this one. They have not had a hurricane since '99 when she moved there. Wunderground weather says probably 20"+ of rain before over!!

Could not get thru with the phone today, I am sure they are getting things ready for the rain.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I sure hope your daughter and son-in-law are doing well, Joyous. Have you gotten in touch with them now?

Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

Marylyn, thanks for asking. She called a couple hours ago on a bad connection but said everything was OK and that they mainly got a lot of rain.

Watching the weather this morning all warnings were down for the USVI and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.