brown bagging , another method .

Dahlonega, GA

This worked for me and there is no priming over vinyl wallboard . If you'r in a mobile home , I would remove the strips of stuff that covers the wallboard and use spacklin to smooth the seams, and level out the uneven places . you need paper , a 21/2" paint brush , a piece of linoleum about two foot square ,a wallpaper seam roller , or a 3" putty knife , a gallon tub of border &vynyl to vinyl adhesive sold at hd , about 20.00 . rolls of brown craft paper from wal mart . Tear the entire roll of paper long ways from end to end . take the cut edges off outside of paper . twist each roll into long strips and get it as tight as you can . Dh is good to help with this . coil the strips up until you are ready to start tearing them .open them up and tear into pieces about 8" or 10" long as you open them , and stack up into two or three stacks according to size .you should try to keep pieces ragged and random shapes , so it will be like a jigsaw puzzle . now the fun starts , lay the linoleum out ,shinny side up and with paint brush , simply paint a layer of adhesive on ALL the way to edges using the linoleum to protect your work surface ,it can be cleaned up later to use over and over .place paper on wall and don't worry about getting paste on outside , it will dry and helps blotch the paper . Smooth with fingers getting good contact and pushing bubbles and excess paste out. I sometimes scrooch the paper up to put more wrinkles in it , then use the putty knife or seam roller to seat the wrinkles down good .If you have a small bit of wall showing through , then paste a small piece over it . I found it was easier to go around the outside first , then fill in .If you turn an inside corner , extend the paper to other wall and use putty knife to push into corner. thats all there is to it . If you want to paint , then choose your colors and DRY brush a sample piece to make sure its what you want . Don't choose a brown that will show a purple tint . DRY brush your walls with the colors you choose , and wait til it drys between colors . leave plenty of unpainted paper and seal with Water based polyurathane. I used doeskin color that i had matched to a real piece of skin , a dark green and brown on top , but you can use any rubber based paint you like . I used latex enamel ,Glidden from H D .sally

Thumbnail by digger9083
This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!