She's about to...#27

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Talking about Brugs and whatever!!

We came from here!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/911906/

Thumbnail by lavender4ever
(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

good evening everyone .. my little brugs leaves are getting bigger every day . i have island girl and its growing way faster than shredded white . those are my first 2 they were rooted already . im not sure what to expect as far as growth because its tapering off as its growing . is it gonna send out a shoot or something . here is a pic the bigger one is island girl , and it has another set of leaves that are like 3-4 inches long .so what is it gonna do

Thumbnail by iris28

How is your weather there Iris. Is it warm enough to give them some outdoors time? they will grow much faster. Lookin good!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

{{{Karen}}} my thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. I only got my Chester 4 days ago and can only begin to imagine what you are going through. Stay positive hun.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

How long before I should look for roots on my cuttings? I keep looking at them a couple times a day, looking for a miracle I guess.

Keep thinking of your Lily and hope I hear good news.

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Moring hotties and hansoms,

Lots of reading for me to do this morning. I had to start from yesterday afternoon to get it all.

Karen, I hope by now you have news on Lily. So sad to hear what happened, I know dogs get so disoriented and scared when they get hurt that they will run until they can’t run anymore. I hope you found her by this am and she is not hurt to badly. I am still praying for her.

Louise and Phyllis, I loved reading and seeing the pix of the horses. I have never owned one and only gone riding a few times but I love them. If I had the space and income to provide a good home I would have one, yeck I would have a barn full of animals.

I’m also wondering who won the box of goodies; I read all and did not see the winner announced. Dollie that is a fantastic load of plants and whoever wins is just going to love it.

Peg, Your Dr S. is a beautiful plant baby and you are allowed unlimited pix of him. I love to look at all pix, human babies, plant babies, and furbabies.

Iris, It should be still warm enough for you to put those plant babies outside for a few hours a day. That will help them grow a little and be easier to over winter.

Samigal, Sorry can’t help with the rooting I have never done one. I think it is only a few days to see the nubs and then you pot them up.

TY to all for the nice comments on my Grandbabies, they are so special to me. It was wonderful to hold Aidan again. When he was born I would never have guessed that he would be a month old before Nana got to cuddle with him again. I was able to spend a couple of hours alone with each of them and some time with my girls.

This is a pix of Siobhan being spoiled by her Auntie Lisa. She got a huge bag of goodies from the Disney store and JCP.

Thumbnail by DONNA_11
Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Morning Hotties, checking in to see if Karen got her baby back. Going to work now. Have a nice day everyone.

Donnita, that Princess of yours is so cuteeeee!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Karen, just read your post, and I do hope you have found him by now, but if not, he may be hiding, or someone else may have picked him up. Prayers coming your way girl. Please keep us posted.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Donna, so glad to see you posting again. Give all those grand babies a hug for me too.

As far as the new cuttings, you don't need to keep them in water. I put my cutting directly in miracle grow soil, kept it nice and moist, and in one week, I had new shoots coming up. You can lay it down sideways, buried about half way with the soil, or put the bottom end in the soil about 2 inches, and you can get new shoots that way also.

Linda Kay

Oh Karen..we are worrying! I pray your Lily is home and safe!

Samigal, I say pot them up too! Sometimes they are stubborn!

Congrats Deb on winning the baby guess!!!! What a bounty!

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Mornin !!

Karen... still hoping and praying that you are resting with all 3 of your babies this morning!!
Donna.... wow... Siobhan has the greatest smile.. she sure is happy with her "haul"..lol.. I know that brought big smiles to you too!!
Deb.... Congrats!!! Girl.. you have to take pics for us when you get Dollie's package!!
Dollie... congrats again on your new Gbaby.. and ty for allowing us some fun!!
Dana.... I like to see the nubbies..lol.. so I like to try to root in water.. I have also left them in water till they have roots. I have also directly put them in potting soil. I guess it's your own personal preference.. The small green "pencil" thin cuttings for the most part have died on me if I left them in water, but I did have 1 that made it after I went ahead and put it in soil
Linda Kay.... mornin girl..

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Morning Linda Kay, Clemen Louise and Beck,

Glad to see everyone up and on DG, ty for the nice comments on my Grandbabies. They did make my day yesterday. It was also nice to have both my girls there, Lisa is always stationed off somewhere far away and does not get home as often as we would like.

Debra congrats on the win!

Karen, still praying for Lily.

Last one, Siobhan painting her pumpkin

Thumbnail by DONNA_11

Awwwww I just LOVE that!!! Should enter that one in the DG photo contest! Great fall pic!

mornin everyone , karen did you find her !!
congrats joeswife .... on the contest . your mailman better hire a body guard ..
beck i hear ya ive ruined things letting my curiosity get to me. mine were rooted already samigal is rooting lol . but i will be too soon lol

Denison, TX

Hello, Hotties and Handsomes ... My name is Miriam and I read most all your entries, and your names are swimming in my head. I will introduce myself better, in the style of Lilsister, later, but now I just want to tell Karen how sorry I am for her heartbreak. My baby girl Shyla, a delicate chihuahua, just turned one year old on October 1, and I just can't bear the idea that Karen ... My heart goes out to you, dear Karen. I know you from your earlier entries, and the great pictures of the RU. ( What does RU stand for I wonder.)

I swear, you all have a language all your own ! I read, but often did not understand. Understood "conjure" though, jaa jaa, Clemen. And I'm French !

I can't tell you how much I smiled and almost cried reading the live dramas and joys.

BTW, I am not just bargeing in, I was invited by Louise LAVENDER4EVER. I live in Texas, on the Red River, a stone throw away from Oklahoma. A week ago I sent Annmarie ANJL1 a little carepackage of dichondra Silver Falls at Louise's request. There is a tiny plug of euphorbia Diamond Frost in there, and both plants need out of the cold. I just hope it survives the transit !!! The big round white ball in the middle of the flower bed is a Diamond Frost.

Thumbnail by cleanspring
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Karen were waiting to hear from you girl...Hope you found your Lily

Way to go Deb...wooohooo

Thanks for the info Beck i've noticed that the thicker ones root better in water and the thinner ones in soil...
Had my Versi Peach in water nothing..... potted it up...roots...yeah I peeked yesterday...LOL
Potted up my other Kim brugies yesterday...

And so far it looks...yes peeking again...LOL curiosity killed the cat...satisfaction brought him back...meow...
possibly 8 out of the 9 passie seeds are sprouting...

Donna She's sooo cute....aren't g-babies the best....

Louise tried to send pic's this morning..they wouldn't go so here we go again..

Beau is the brown/chestnut one Taylor is the Palimino..and oh that's my DD & SIL
And for those of you hotties that don't know....that's what snow looks like....LOL

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Welcome Miriam...
Clem is our Latin Hottie Beauty..so she sometimes speaks Spanish..

Here's Taylor and Spook...He's the black/gray Appaloosa...

Thumbnail by lilsista59
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Good Morning I hope that Karen found her little doggie I am still praying for her safe return.

Here is a picture of my new banana that a neighbor gave me this mornig it is taller then my fence............LOL

Thumbnail by pensacolagarden

wow lil , my dh would be in heaven . he worked at a horse ranch doing tours of the beach . he loves horses

And here's Lady girl....

I took lots of horsey pic's as I was told these were the only G-babies i'd be getting from the DD
God decided differently and I got Arianna...

Thumbnail by lilsista59
South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Morning Iris and welcome Miraim so glad you came to join us. Your garden pix is gorgeous. RU stands for round up at least that what I have been told. I think there is one somewhere near you next weekend. It was so nice of you to send Anjl her most wanted plant. Hi Phyllis, yes grandbabies are the best. I love the pix of the horses in the snow (I do know what it looks like we get lots in RI). . Everyone is welcome here so please all you lurkers consider yourself invited.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Miriam welcome to the insane world of Brugs. and all the hotties, and gents that go with it. RU stands for round up. Here is a link for the texas gardening forum, with lots of post there. We just had ont in Tyler, and I believe there is one this coming week-end in Arlington.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/region_tx/all/

Please tell us about yourself, what you do, what you grow, and we love pictures...

lilsister, lovely horses, and I know about the snow too, but don't miss it a bit.

James, nice banana plant. You know they will multiply for you?

Linda Kay

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Good Morning Hotties.. Welcome Miriam (cleanspring)!
I'm not caught up from yesterday or the day before, I only hit and miss and HOPE I'm able to jump in.... fell asleep on the couch before 10 last night...
Dear Karen, I have you in my thoughts and prayers.. phoned your home this morning but no answer, you and Lily and Jerry are in our thoughts... I know you are probably dealing with the situ, will wait for word from you.. (((((((Karen&Lily&Jerry)))))))
Donna, love the GK pics, how fun that must be! Both adorable children and I can see you in both of them.... Phyllis, sure am enjoying the horse pics and James, better slow down on the yard, you'll have it filled up before Halloween! Congrats... and Congrats to Debra!!!! (baby weight contest winner) WooHoo! Way to go! And thanks to Dollie for the fun... still want an updated pic of lil Marley from time to time!

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

James, your new banana is just fantastic and you garden is coming along great. This time of year I would love to live in Florida.

Morning Linda Kay, and AuntB Glad all is well. Time for us to get stuff done here so TTYAL.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Miriam, glad you took Louise's advice and "came on down"! Yes, Donna, no need for anyone to wait or ask for an invite.. we're not a private club or anything like that.. and I know people are following along or at least curious as to what we "hotties" and "handsomes" are up to. ;) "hotties!" , who'd a thunk it last spring? .......Thread #27, indeed!

mornin donna and auntb , clem, taters
hi miriam . i just came here too . i dont have much to talk about brug wise because i just have those 2 babies on the top there. next year prepare for an onslaught of pics though. i mainly grow roses ,iris daylilies , other perennials . i started branching out as im running out of rose room . the first time i saw a brug was in a photo by calif sue on the roses forum . it was in front and i was like what is that?! once i found out i could grow them in containers i was like im getting one . they have said on here you cant have just one and that is the truth ,lol
james i bet its so fun to be able to redesign a garden .. i dread the day i get bored with my current design , my yard small so im gonna have to move on to container gardening or garden up like on arbors or terrace beds. i have to move slowly or dh will all of a sudden care about the yard .

so how did the term hottie come about do i have to search for#1

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Yes I will that is for sure AuntB it is getting there already but then after that I have the outside ofthe fence to plant which is where I will plant my garden for veggies and so on. I think next month I will be planting some collard greens and some cabbage since they apparently like the cold.

Donna_11 yes I love it also I can not wait for it to multiply as then I will have a bunch of bananas which I love to make smoothies with in the spring and summer.

Yeah I do know that they will divide Linda Kay thats what I am hoping for as I truly love bananas love them in smoothies banana bread what ever.

James

Yeah and I wish Karrie would come out of hiding too and join in on the fun...
She loves bruggies too...
Where ya at girl....

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Yes it is iris28 I am loving it and can not wait until I get it done then I can enjoy it that is what I would love to be able to do just sit out there have my morning coffee and relax.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Karen, I'm soooo sorry Lily got hurt. The same thing happened to my little poodle years ago. She loved to be outside with her ears flying. I didn't know she was out till she got hit.
I hope you find Lily and she's OK!

Still waiting for news on Lily and I hope it is positive. I get so upset when I hear a beloved pet got hurt. I have two doggies, a mini schnauzer and a terrier/pom mix. My terrier/pom is a runner if she gets the chance to get out. Last time she took a walk I ended up having to bail her out of the pound. We live by some very busy streets and thank God she didn't run that way. Praying you find her soon.

I guess I should rethink my rooting on some of my brug cuttings. Thanks for info on rooting them. My long thin cuttings will definitely go into soil today. I'll be one happy brug owner if all of them root for me.

Congrats Joeswife on winning the baby weight game. All those wonderful cuttings, happy dance time.

my fingers type faster than I can think LOL

This message was edited Oct 14, 2008 9:03 AM

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I have to say, our children are our children, no matter how many legs, fur and/or feathers.. they are part of our families...It's just awful when something like this happens.. waiting and praying, here too.

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

Karen {{hugs}} and Prayers for you and your furbaby Lily... I and hoping and praying that all is well....please check in and let us know. I Just went thru a big scare with my little guy 2 weeks ago.... and that was a PLANNED surgery, I can only imagine what you are going thru now.

Congrats to Joeswife! Peg, guess you and I were both wrong this time huh? lol!

Miriam, I am sooo glad you joined us! thank you AND Louise for sending me that dichondra! I know everyone on here probably thinks I'm nuts...the one plant I wanted (one that is considered a weed in most areas! lol!) wasnt even a flower! But I have seen wonderful pictures of this plant in hanging baskets and planters and I have NEEDED it since I saw that first picture last January! LOL! So, thank you very much!
I read your note about the lil white flower....but didnt see it in the container. I planted the dichondra, and then later was outside and happened to glance down and there on the grass was this tiny white flower! lol! So I grabbed it up and planted it too. I hope it didnt dry out too much, laying on the grass most of the day. I will have to post a picture of my dichondra once is gets going :) I have 10 hanging baskets in my front yard, want to have dichondra in all of them..so hopefully by next spring :)

iris you have dmail ^_^ teehee!

oh yah anjl i forgot to add you are probably related to alot of people here in town lol ill be thinking of you every where i go now lol

LOL! I am now looking for a history book on owensboro! Its such a small world out there! lol!

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Wowooooooo, i am back, went to work and was sent home due to a water main break and I am getting paid!

Anwyay, no word on Karen???

Mriam, Bienvenue a notre famille! Je parle un petit peu francais mon amie, lol!

TTYL, Clem

johnny depp was from here maby you are related to him tee hee... oh now you guys got me doing the tee hees

Iris guess your officially now one of us....
Are U a trouble maker like Beck...Clem..and Me (and some others who won't admit it teehee)

Went out to dig holes in my front flowerbed for my long lost DL's that should (hopefully) here today..
And one of the 7 sisters climbing roses that I cut back after it bloomed has 1 bud opening up on it in October..
Crazy weather....

lol, Iris I just found Johnny Depp on their web page and thought...OH NO! LOLOL!

do you know if there is a history book on Owensboro? I looked on line but couldnt find anything.... tried their library link but it doesnt work...

I know in my city here some historian wrote the history of all the cities in the immediate area.... If Owensboro has something like that... I would love to find it!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Afternoon all!! See some familiar faces....*waving* Been poking in every now and then...so thought I'd give a hi...loving these pics...babies and horses alike...so cute!!!! With blooms on a few of my brugs (first year for me) I'm officially addicted...big ole thank you to those that shared theirs with me ((((RJ & Caren)))!!! Even have neighbors asking about them now!! And the scent ahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.