Has anyone done two-season tomatoes in an EB?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

So, out here in the desert southwest, we typically get 2 crops of tomatoes. The first in spring, before it gets hot (like in May), then, if the plants come through the heat okay in the summer, a second starting about now when the weather is more reasonable again, and lasting until we get frost say around Thanksgiving.

I had 4 plants come through the summer beautifully in their nicely shaded EBs, and are starting to produce again. I'm wondering about giving them an extra shot of fertilizer, though, since it seems like such a long time for a tomato plant to grow and produce on limited fertilizer.

Any suggestions? I can try to put in a new fertilizer strip, or feed liquid into the reservoir, but I'm not sure what my best bet might be.

Thanks for any help!

Glendale/Parks, AZ

I would foliar feed them.

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

In your case I would go liquid fertilizer by foliar feed like Miracle -Gro for tomatos and be generous with the spray as it will also filter down into the resevoir. Should have quick results. Let us know?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

I can do that... just gotta find the sprayer!

Thanks for the help, all!

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

If you can't find the sprayer Lowes has them on sale, two gallon size for $20? However it is not the best quality and I only use mine for weed killer. They have a larger green sprayer but I can't remember the name? That one I use for nutrients only! It is very good and cost about $40.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.