Katiebear/Hurricane

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Thought you would all like to know that our Katiebear is in the path of Hurricane Norbert, and join me with good thoughts and prayers for her safety...

good thoughts coming her way from Naples!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Same here Katie!!

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Katiebear, hope you ride Norbert safely and with no damage! Good thoughts coming your way!
Alexandra

mulege, Mexico

Thank you all. The good thoughts seem to be working. Maps show Norbert almost into the Sea of Cortez and we've had some rain, very little wind so far.

The rock path (trench) outside my kitchen and the other rock paths are working out very well. I can walk around without slipping and sliding in the mud.

We may have lucked out again. The town has had speaker cars driving around for several days, cautioning people to be prepared. I'm stocked up on water and food and the animals are all very calm. So far the electricity was out briefly this morning but came on after about half an hour and is still on.

It seems the better prepared I am, the less of a disaster we get. I'm not complaining. The amount of rain we've already had would have been a problem before we got the trench done.

So far, so good. Keep sending the good thoughts. They're working.

katiebear

Good for you, katiebear. Wierd storm, starting up in the Bay of Campeche like it did.

Hope you're done with disaters for a long long time!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

So glad it missed you, Katie. I don't believe I could stand the constant stress.

Christi

mulege, Mexico

Norbert has moved on to mainland Mexico. All clear here with no damage to to me or the house. The dogs and cats remained unaware of any danger. They just know they got lots of chicken and rice - I made a lot in case we had big problems.

Thanks to all of you for your good thoughts and prayers. I feel like I dodged another bullet.

Now on to more rock paths.......

katiebear

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

So glad to hear all is well Katie!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

So glad to hear that you are OK!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.