Container Renovations 5! (smile)

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

Bougainvillia is spectacular right now...I need to plant some of these in pots!

Thumbnail by KatG
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Your containers are so wonderful.
Its such a treat for the eye, while we are waiting for May up north.
This is what we have left,soon to be gone completely

Thumbnail by ge1836
Lilburn, GA

Oh Kat, everything is sooo beautiful!

Thank you so much Spider. Ge1836...I'm sad for you...looked like it was a nice container though in it's glory days! hehe

Not a lot going on...here's a little growth update.

Since I cut back those Bougs at the end of October, they've done really well. Underplanting has done good also.

Thumbnail by KatG

Ground Orchid Container is still blooming - SP Vine has gone crazy as usual...

Thumbnail by KatG

I underplanted both Giant Bird of Paradise pots with petunias, but only this one is doing well...

Thumbnail by KatG

I usually plant something for Christmas in these containers, but these are just too pretty to take out right now...

Thumbnail by KatG

Lizard Lounge is full again...it sure doesn't take long for things to grow back.

Thumbnail by KatG

Combined this beautiful "Siam Moon" Caladium with my Black Elephant ear...

Thumbnail by KatG

This Gals head is constantly changing...It started with just 1 succulent. I really looks like I placed them all there. Pincurls! LOL

Thumbnail by KatG

Cactus Basket has really filled out...

Thumbnail by KatG

Beautiful Coleus

Thumbnail by KatG

Another Head I made for my friend who is very "English" and was having a suprise Royal Birthday Party!

Thumbnail by KatG
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Those are fantastic Kat
When I saw the Boug I was truely jealous of you snowbirds in Fla.
Its 27* now and goin up to 30's its been in the teens with bitter wind, no bougs here.
Jo Ann

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Everything looks gorgeous! Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you started decorating the interior for Christmas yet? It looked so lovely last year!

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Must be nice in Florida right now. We are in the middle of another blizzard and the packers come on Monday. I have given more than half of my container plants to my mom hopefully to get them back sometime this summer or early fall. Here's hoping everyone has a nice warm winter, Tina

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Good luck with your move Tina. We actually had snow on the 10th.....unbelievable, and today it is 72.

Kat, haven't heard from you lately.....sure hope that you are OK.

Jeanne

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Well we are here in OK now, just looking for a place to live. All the plants that I brought with me are still alive just looking a little ragged. I'm already looking for some more plants to buy so I can get back to gardening, I miss the ones I had to leave behind. I will try to take pics of the ones I brought as they are coming back. The weather here is a lot more pleasant than in North Dakota so I was able to leave them in the vehicle for a couple of days til we made room for them in the hotel room. Well gotta go look for a place to live. Tina

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

We found a place to live and the plants are still doing ok. My papaya is the one doing the worst so I'll probably have to buy another one. Now I can't wait to start playing with the containers. Tina

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Tina, so glad that you are getting settled in. I am sure that you will have so much fun with your new adventure! Why don't you try buying a papaya from the store, clean out the seeds, let them dry really well, and then plant them?

Kat, still haven't heard from you. Our prayers are with you whether you are just busy, travelling, or under the weather.....let us hear from you P L E A S E!!!!!!!!!

We are OK. Just got over the crud that was going around. I'll be spending the weekend with my grandchildren, so probably won't be on until Sun. night or Monday.

Everybody have a great weekend!

Jeanne

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Jeanne,
We are still getting there. I'm trying to find one here, although I haven't looked at to many places yet. Hopefully I can find one since Logee's is out of them. I don't know anywhere else to buy one at.

Kat Where are you? I miss your pictures.

North Port, FL(Zone 9b)

Like everyone else here I lost quite a few plants over the last few nights. Hi Kat, hope everything is ok...we miss your input and wonderful pictures ('',)

Annette

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

So sorry to hear that you lost some plants! That is heartbreaking! I have decided to only buy hardy hibiscus and anything else that can take a freeze. Both of my makeshift gh are full, and I just can't keep up with them anymore! I know how you feel, I lost about 1/3 of my garden three or four years ago when it snowed here for the first time in many many years. It was heartbreaking!

Jeanne

Orange Park, FL(Zone 9a)

Hey all,

I feel your pain, just about everything in my yard looks like it has been cooked. I did save most of my plants in the screened pool area, but the yard is another story. Just pick up in the spring and start again, if the plants don't come back. Such is the life of a gardener or in my case a "wanna be". LOL

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

If any of the plants are from Lowes or Home Depot and are less than a year old, they will refund your money if you have the receipt. Mine were from Lowes. I reinvested in more hardy plants. We lost a couple last year, and one or two this year, but so far have been doing pretty good.

It is discouraging! Good luck! It is surprising how many of them will come back from the roots. You might be surprised how many will actually make it!

Jeanne

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

I guess I can't complain then. I'm so sorry for everyone who lost plants, I know how much it hurts to have to go through that. Right now we are going through an ice storm, so I'm glad I haven't planted anything outside yet. Kat please please let us know that you are ok. Tina

North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Does anyone know what happened to KatG???. I hope she's okay...
I'm way far north of her, but lived vicariously through what to me was her magnificent southern fantasy domain. Seldom posted to her threads, but watched them continuously...Miss her unique sense of humor, too...Where'd she go???

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

I've been wondering that myself.

Patty

North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Kat is a very special spirit when people from Alaska all the way down to Texas are concerned about her....

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm also missing her posts and beautiful pictures.
Linda in California

Oh my Goodness Gracious!

I don't know what happened, but somehow the "unwatch thread" button was pushed and I had no idea there were any replies to this thread! Thank-you so much though for your concern and nice comments. (it was almost like a eulogy! hahaha) And Jeanne - thank-you so much! I will give you a call!

There really hasn't been a lot going on in my garden lately...It's just been too chilly and I've been trying to save what I have. The Nurseries have been affected also and the pickings are really slim for annuals and perennial container plants. Don and I went to Selby Gardens in Sarasota though and bought some really beautiful Vanda Orchids...

Thumbnail by KatG

As chilly as it's been, my Bougs have been doing well...

Thumbnail by KatG

My tomatoes have turned out terrible this year! They're supposed to be beefsteak...more like "pipsqueak" variety!

Thumbnail by KatG

We had some real bad winds last week and this big heavy pot landed in the pool...I can't believe it. It's been in the same spot for about 2 years through all the hurricane warnings, summer winds etc...

PS: I tried, but had to get the pool people to get it out. It weighs a ton dry, nevermind saturated! Is looking good though...chlorine and all!

Thumbnail by KatG

I'm thinking about soaking my other ones! The swim doesn't seem to have affected things for now!

Thumbnail by KatG
North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Just for making us all worry like that, Kat has to send each of us one of her head planters...All agreed?

Glad all is well ;-)

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Agreed . . . . Glad your back Kat!

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

I wasn't kidding we really missed your posts and pictures! Also your great sense of humor.
LInda

Orange, CA

Glad to see you back. I looked for you every day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.