CLOSED: Cestrum nocturnum, anyone have seeds?

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

For that matter seeds for any night blooming jasmine. I'm looking for something with a strong smell and blooms most of the time.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

While I'm at it I'm looking for Illicium floridanum seeds also.

Independence, LA(Zone 8b)

My night blooming jasmine has white berries on it right now. If you can tell me how to collect seeds for it, I will. I can also send cuttings if you want.

Illicium floridanum grows in the woods here. If you don't find some seeds for it contact me in the spring. I can't identify them without the flower.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

How long does it take for the night blooming jasmine to grow from seeds to a flowering plant?

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I assume the white berries end up being seeds so just wait till they look dry or start to break open. ????

Jasmine grow fast so I think they would be good to go by summer if I get the seeds going in the early spring.

Your guess is as good as mine. Its about to bloom again soon (tonight maybe) so there should be more berries after. Most of the previous ones have already fallen off but I will see if there are some on the ground.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

This must be what you're looking for. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/182810/

If you can get me a few berries I'm sure I can figure it out. Ones that have fallen off should be ripe. Could be tiny seeds, might want to cut one open and see what happens. Tabacco is like that, million tiny seeds when you break the pod open.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

This can be useful but this plant isn't in here. http://www.theseedsite.co.uk/

I like the seed site link and saved to my favorites. Each little berry has one seed in it. I will see how many I can find on the ground for you.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Merci beaucoup

Chickenville, FL(Zone 9a)

They should flower next summer if you start them from seed very early in the year in a
zn. 9. I have started them and got flowers the same year.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I thought so, thanks for the info. Now I just need some seeds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.