She's About To #25

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

It's Brugs, Brugs, and anything else we want to talk about. Welcome.

Thumbnail by merpeg
(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow LOVE that pic!

That's one of AuntB's that I borrowed.

Here is the newest list:

NEEDS WORK
Happgarden- ?Any tropical, like weird
Posey- Rugosa rose Bush There are many, which one?

cat64129- ?Hydrangea-Peg
Sandra_D _ Brugs -Kim on the brug -Recieved from Kim...(also) Sandra, do you still want a rose? I know I added the brugs on to you
Donna- Hardy banana- Peg
Clemen- Cactus "Starfish"- Bonnie
Kim- Jade vine (I heard a story about this)
taters55-blue hibiscus -Tropical or Hardy Hibiscus Syriacus As long as it's Blue-Donna
santeelissa - Brugmansia Cassie's Curls-Bonnie
(also) "Blue Satin" Rose Of Sharon/Hibiscus Syriacus Or Any Blue One Multiple requests? -Donna
1anjil- Dichondra Silver Falls (I heard a story about this)
Doe41-Audrey- Plumeria - Bonnie (also) Giant Allium-Purple Multiple requests?
Sibhskylvr- Mike- Clems Orange Passion Vine
Louise - Lemon (or )calamondin (I heard a story about this)
Iris28- Flowering ground creeper -Bonnie
Pensacolagarden-James- Another brug (I heard a story about this)

CLOSED
Jeanne- Peony - Lilsista (Phyllis)
Peg- Ginger Plant- Beck5711
Karen- Brugs-'Pink Perfektion' & 'Hawaiian Double White!'- Mike sibhskylvr
Werewolfie- Hummingbird vine -Deb and Faye - Received
Lilsista - Plumeria rubra, Polynesian Sunset -seeds online...Peg made me do it...LOL
beck5711- Daylilies- Loves the Color Pink likes all especially ruffled ones..- Received.
dahtzu- Faye..any brugs -Bonnie (P. Versi) Received and "happy tears." (Hugs)
Joeswife-Deb- Yellow Trumpet Vine -Lilsista59 (or) Ruffled MG- Seeds-Beck5711- Seeds -Louise
AuntB -Bonnie- Clerodendrum- ((Deb))

Now I need everyone who has received one type of plant or is going to, please d-mail me so I can close yours out. And then we need to work on what is in italics, okay? Then we will see about everything else. (HUGS!)

Peg.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2008 9:10 AM

This message was edited Oct 11, 2008 9:11 AM

Tee, Hee, had to make sure I bring the list...

Good morning Hotties and Handsomes... It's my lunchbreak, so thought I would get some of the "real" work done here.

My buds are growing and growing, but I'm still at least a week away from having blooms I think. Keith keeps saying "that thing is going to bloom tomorrow, look how big it is."

Have a good day everybody! Peg

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

what a beautiful pic. I have to run, but I wanted to catch up now that my ISP is allowing me use the web. HOPE to be back this evening. You all have a good day and all you ailing hotties take it easy. This URI that's going around here is lasting two to three weeks. My hubby has had it, me too, and our grandbaby. So........... takes your meds get some rest. God bless Jeanne

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

good morning hotties ...
i wish i could have one day w/o the kids . i just want to wake up when i want to wake up and not have to do 30 things before my eyes are open lol ... oh well . i realize when im older ill want them here bothering me..
im glad everyone is getting their fall chores done .. i need to get busy i need to mulch some of my roses and set the garage ready to grow my seed projects .
oh im gonna change my one fower because its hard to get ,and the place that has it has extreme shipping rates. so ill change it to any flowering ground cover ex: bluestar creeper. that kind of stuff is easy to get and some of you might have some .. i actually need that for my pathway thats going in in the spring .
lol peg ill probably have a nervous breakdown when i see a bud . i dont know what ill do waiting for it to bloom

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

AuntB, oh please keep adding to the winter instructions. I learned from you on one of your posts not to sit the pots on the cold concrete, which I did last year and is probably why a couple plants didn’t do so well. I wouldn’t want my tootsies on the concrete when the room is only 60degrees! BURRRRRRH! Now I put socks on them…LOL not really I cut pieces of 2X4’s and they are all above the floor. The tile floor in the solar room isn’t a problem, it is dark and absorbs heat all day and releases it at night.

Hope all is ok with Becky. After missing 4 days I couldn’t catch up on the Hottie and Handsome thread!

Donna I hope everyday gets better for you and I know it will….just takes time. When I think of the difference between a hardy Rose of Sharon and a tropical or hardy Hibiscus is the size of the blooms to me. Rose of Sharon has a smaller bloom. Donna does your Rose of Sharon spread? I have been given several starts and wondered?

Peonies are usually divided in the fall. I planted some new ones this fall that I started from Wally World this spring in pots. Couldn’t decide where to put them, which is always a problem for me.

I have lost a lot of posts here lately and I don’t have dial up, so I think something else must be going on. This just started the last few days.

We put that vapor barrier on the garden room and I am going to have to add a DE-humidifier this winter, guess cause the temp is so cool unlike the house that is warmer the building sweats inside which is not good! Last spring I took down all the insulation and used that kilz paint and did the walls, then put the insulation back in and then added the interior wall. You walk in from outside and my glasses fog up.

I may take off Thursday and Friday. It was 41 degrees today so cold is on its way. Still have stuff to do and need to take my Mom up and see if I can get her some assistances of some kind. She is drawing SS from my Dad who passed away in 1969 so that should give you a clue on what little she lives on. Since food has risen it is really getting tough. I have been picking up the slack for sometime now, between medical bills, utilities, food and rent, but I would like to retire someday also. She isn’t going to like it!

It has taken so long for me to get this keyed that I am sure 10 posts have been made since I started this...LOL Boy was I right we even changed posts!

Oh Merpeg, roses are too late for here. I would gladly accept any kind of tropical! Ya know zone envy here! The wilder the better.

Did I tell you guys my ginger is blooming, and the smell is out of this world. It is white, I got it in a trade and it has grown like a weed. I took pics but will have to post tonight. It is so easy to grow.

I have one for you Lav, maybe I will get my act together this weekend and get it in the mail to you along with monster. You are going to like the ginger it is great!

iris28, remember being 8 months pregnant? That's about the closest I can think of to compare to waiting on these blooms!! :))

I switched your wish for you, but I'm going to run out of edits soon.

Wish you were close and I'd babysit for a day. Mom's days out are important sometimes. (Hugs)

Joyce, I will have to change your wish tomorrow. Used up all of my edits for today, but I will keep a list so I don't miss anyone. Peg

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Waving hello to all the hotties and handsomes from work!!!!

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

peg i remember .. i was doing everything to bring it on lol vacuum walking ....too bad theres nothing you can do to encourage your baby to come out lol

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

I dig my peonies anytime after they've finished blooming...And cut back the tops as they get too top heavy and lay on all my other flowers in that bed...

In the spring their one of the first things to start popping up with their red points coming out of the ground
So it's not a good idea to disturb them then...
I dug all my almost white/light pink ones up out of my front flower bed this year to make repairs to my balcony posts and relocated them to another spot..
But I didn't/couldn't get all the roots so there's a chance they'll be back there come spring...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Darker Pink Ones..

Thumbnail by lilsista59
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow another thread I cant believe all you chattie guys and gals.............LOL

Phyllis what pretty peonies! I have really grown to like them. This pic is one called Bowl of Beauty. It is actually prettier than the picture.
Have several others but can't remember their names....I don't love them less just not enough brain cells!

Thumbnail by happgarden
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

HOTTIE HOOTIES ya'll are! I can BARELY try to keep up! Joyce, TY you are very welcome, and keep reminding me... It's kinda like Hotties "gone wild" or something... lol Amanda just posted on #23, poor Hottie, she's still working on the Ike aftermath.... Then there's #24... and I've got d-mails flying in and out, trying to send one to Dear Hottie Faye and just can't get back over there to do it, so I'm going NOW...... still working on a couple things with the want list and dang, good thing we aren't busy at work with projects or I'd be MIA with my Hottie buddies... James, Monday when I mailed your Maya, the postal guy said "Florida? We have to be careful about sending plants to FL, this isn't anything citrus is it?" I said "NO, it's Angel Trumpet... I didn't know you guys watched stuff like that..." How are we supposed to mail you lemon plants, if they are going to slap our hands and say NO? Any ideas? (I don't have a lemon plant, but if someone does, they may not be able to mail it).. OK, Going to d-mail Faye, NOW...

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh boy! I'm getting more stuff to plant! I'm watching the mail for Aunt B's box, and now a peony! Thanks, you guys! Maybe I'll have stuff to send one of these days!

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

wow that's incredible although I wouldnt mind to get a lemon it ie a key lime I was asking for............LOL

I have a bud!!!! I have a bud!!!! It's about 4 in. long! I noticed it last night in the light from my porch light, but I didn't go out and look, it looked like a funny leaf. When I looked closer just now, there it was!! Don't know what it is, I think it's one of the first ones I got, it's either yellow or pink! Yippee!!!!!!!

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Bonnie honey, can you read my fertilize specific post I accidentally put in the last thread? I had a coupla questions for you on that one.

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Allright Audrey!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the fun begins!

Yep! Think I'll watch the bloom off by liiking at it to much? I've never even seen one before, much less an open bloom! I'm sooo excited! Sure gave me a much needed lift!

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

the peonies are beautiful.

AuntB I lived in Florida for 28 years and no citrus or plants for that matter are to be delivered from out of state without inspection first. The fruit fly can absolutely destroy the citrus crop. Almost did several years ago.

(Cathy), MO

Hey does anyone out there have a Whiskers????

What's a "Whiskers"?

(Cathy), MO

LOL. It's a kind of brug.

OH!

Yeah but I pluck them. Happened after menopause. I call them misdirected eyebrows!

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!! I shave mine!!!

ROTFLMAO Peg.....

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Well, I have to apologize to my plumerias.. at least one of them... just was watering and fertilizing... never had an inflo.. and just yesterday or the night before was saying I just might pack them all up and give them away because after 2 years never an inflo .... well did have one tiny one that died during one winter on a cutting I received.. did not count that.. anyway... you guessed it.. just found an inflo.. a tiny one and of course it is too late in the year to fully form and bloom but if I take care of it over the winter it may reward me in the spring. That one will definitely be watched through the winter. ... If I don't do something stupid like knock it off! LOL It figures.. that is what I get for spouting off. I get to thinking.. why do I do all this work.. and look what they do.. REWARD ME!!! LOL

Tammie

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

sneaks in.. yay a brand new bud! Audrey I AM SO KACITED FOR YOU! Iris I remember those days when I had children to tend to be4 anything else..Peg, Phyllis, Becky, Bonnie, Clem, sandra, Donna and wolfie and james.. all u new hotties too.. have a great day.. I am home . Sick and got to get to bed Dr says.. bah!

what is an inflo?

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Afternoon hotties and hansoms,

Just came back from the dr. He said I will live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tee hee. No really I should come out of this attack okay but it will be a very loooooooooooooooooooong recovery. Next eval is on 8-Nov. He does not think I will be able to go back to work and will keep me out on TDI while I apply for total disability.

Joyce, here the ROS grow like bushes they get really big if you don’t trim them every year. They do not reseed on there own but are suppose to root easily.

Whoops that’s all for now, Lisa needs the phone line

Happy for you Audrey....
And you too Tammie....
But I'm doing the happy dance here too..
No..No new buds But just as exciting..
Thanks to sweet Kim i'm the proud new
momma of some new brug babies...
She's such a sweetheart...

Pacing the floor, this thing's got 10 days to bloom.... and already 6.5 inches....

Thumbnail by merpeg

And you can see the worm mess!! This happened in one day! But, they left the buds alone.

Any word from Beck today??
She's probably going through withdrawl about now...
And she still has to get ready for the RU this weekend...

James....Hint Hint...No Citrus at all...
Bugs... Diseases (sp?) Fines....Confication..You'd have to get them in state..... Sorry : (
Something else pretty you want??

Cat, I think Chrissy100 has posted pictures of Whiskers. She does come around here occasionally.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.