michigan bulb/celtic skies

Delaware, OH

for those of you that were chatting about the clem introduced by michigan bulb...... called celtic skies. i ordered two and they arrived a few days ago. a lot of contrived plastic packing and very small plants...well rooted within the pot, as you can see from the photos.
These are the smallest pots and clems i have ever received so i am going to plant with care within the next few days and protect in some fashion this winter.this is the first clem i have ever ordered from a place where clems are not a specialty.....probably the last as well. but i will keep everybody posted next spring as to how they fared, the vigor and pics of the blooms assuming we get that far with them!!!!

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Niobe I look forward to seeing how they do for you. I will "watch" this thread!! It looks like they have good roots for their size

Delaware, OH

the roots do look pretty good. when i first saw the pots, i was like "ooh oh, trouble"...i topped up the soil in the little pots with some rich compost, and have them well hydrated. am planting them on saturday.

silver star is my favorite place to order clems from..the shipping method and size of the roots is outstanding.
next spring we'll see how celtic skies performs.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I agree with you on Silverstar. Debby is awesome.

Montgomery, TX(Zone 9a)

Hmmm..... my order should be here this week, will post picture here to compare.

Delaware, OH

the michigan bulb little clems planted well and have suffered no set back. the jury will be out till next spring when we see what emerges from winter dormancy. i will look after them well and make sure they have some winter protection. however, clems of this size are part of the whole problem with public perception of clems.... other perennials are almost always bought in groups of three or more....so clems take a hit from every angle when they do not thrive!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.