Confederate roses are out my way

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Just started to bloom a few days ago. Camellias almost ready to start too.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Here's the first one turning pink.

Think I may have done it this year, something in bloom year round. LOL.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

How lovely. Camellias too? Must be Spring in Bluffton. lol We are watching the leaves dry and fall while praying for rain. Hopefully tomorrow and Thursday will be wet.
Laurel

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Core, That is beautiful. After looking in plant files, the confederate rose seems to be different than a rose a sharon or hibiscus. Do you cut yours back for winter or just let it go dormant?
Does it die to the ground and then come back? If you do cut it back, I would be interested in starting a cutting if you have extra. How many hours of sun does yours get?

chris

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Maypop you know the first camellias to start blooming, bloom in Oct.? Some bloom mid-winter and others in the spring. If you work it right you can have camellias blooming from Oct. to about May.

Chris many questions. Mine don't die back but I do cut them back in the spring or they will get 12-15 ft. high. Wide too. They bloom from about now till a frost so I'm not sure how well they'll work for you. I'll see if I can get a picture of a full size one tomorrow. As far as sun mine gets afternoon sun maybe 4-5 hours. They don't seem to need a lot of sun.

I can root a cutting for you, supposed to be easy to root. As soon as they're done blooming I can get you one. These grow like crazy so no big deal if you cut a piece off. If I don't remember send me a d-mail in a month or so.

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

That would be great, thanks! They sound perfect.
I do have a spot for 1, now that I know it can deal with about 4 hours of sun.
Its not going to get alot of water besides rain though.
I am assuming that it will die back by me, just about everything else does.

I will d-mail you, maybe I have something that you are interested in.
thanks again.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Mine is on a little next to a big pine tree with no irragation so i wouldn't worry much about water. Tough plant.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Chris mine die back each winter. I have the white that turns pink and the pink that turns to a deeper pink. I did root the white one so it is really easy to do. I might can get a root up without rooting. I will see when it quits blooming.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Here took a picture of a big one.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
(Zone 7b)

Doe's anyone know where i could get a cutting of confederate rose or seeds?

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Harmony, a neighbor of mine is supposed to be digging up some young plants for me in a couple weeks. I may have extras.

(Zone 7b)

Beclu Do you root them and plant them next spring or stick them in the ground now?

I would love a couple cuttings if you will tell me how much you want for them and the cost for shipping i would be glad to take some.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

These should be plants with roots already, so I will put them in the ground now. If I get them, I'll let you know about mailing some to you. Or if someone brings cuttings to the swap, I'll see if I can get some of those. Not on anyones list now, but who knows.

(Zone 7b)

Thank you i have wanted one for years mama use to have one in her yard and i want one to plant in memory of her.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

The white confederate rose is beautiful. I love the creamy color. Yes, what is the difference between confederate rose and rose of sharon? Please save some seeds from white one for me.

Dahlonega, GA

lilly ,are you going to the swap at beclus? sally

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yeah, Sally, she is if we get her there in time. lol
Laurel

Dahlonega, GA

I have a special plant for her . It's small , but she can watch it grow up . s. ps, I'm headed for bed , nite

Thank you Sally.

Dahlonega, GA

Lilly , in cruising the members pages , I noticed you wanted a camellia . I rooted one and was going to bring it , but it's on your want list , so it's yours. Like they say on Craigslist , "it's little , but it's Free " lol ,sally

OK. Thanks! I got some seeds last year and I planted the seeds straight into the ground but haven't seen anything yet. Thanks so much. If there is anything on my have list that you would like, please let me know. I check and did not see that you have a 'want' list.

Dahlonega, GA

Could you spare a coupla cuttings of the queen of night ? I've always wanted one . I don't have a want list because I'm trying to get rid of all my over kill cuttings . I have to bed in about a hundred pots each year , and a lot of them will sell next year . I have a lot of stuff to put out next spring and don't need more . hugs anyway , sally

Yes, I have plenty! I will bring some.

(Zone 7b)

What is Queen of the night it sounds interesting......Sorry i was lurking.....Just curious;)

Dahlonega, GA

Look in lilli's have list , there are good descriptions there , and all kinds of positive feedback on them . I never in the world thought I would get one .would anyone like a little black and white kitten ? I've already rescued and kept one a year the last two years ,and each year a ferel cat brings me another . I don't do cats , but if I take it to the shelter , it will end up put to sleep , they have so many . sally

It's a pass-a-long plant. Blooms only at night. The flower on one of the plant is almost-dinner-plate size. But it takes about 2-3 years from cutting before it will bloom. It's a low maintenance plant and it likes to be pot bound and neglected. Mine is white but I have seen (in photos only) them in all kinds of different colors (red, orange, pink, purple, yellow).

(Zone 7b)

I saw them on the want list they are very pretty. I plant moon flowers they and my angel trumpets just smell so good at night.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.