Tips for breaking in new hiking boots?

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Er, this forum seems the most likely place to pose this question, but if there is a better place, let me know and I will start over.....

I just got a pair of hiking boots, pretty good quality I believe, fit nice, and I can tell I need to adjust to them or soften them.... would love a "blisterless" approach if anyone has one. I can feel just a little rub on my heel, but a half size smaller would be too small, so..... Any tricks for this? Or is it just a matter of wearing them til they soften up some? They actually feel quite good, just around the house....

This area I live in now sort of demands "serious shoes" and I am more used to living in sandals and flip flops, so...... gosh, everything is a learning curve, isn't it? ;-)

thanks in advance,
Kyla

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!