Spaghetti Squash and Spider Mites

Umatilla, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm back again with another problem. .. . After being in the hospital for almost a month, I returned to find my spaghetti squash being eaten alive by spider mites. They have also attacked my cucumbers and those plants appear to be a lost cause. The squash, though, is still flowering so I still have hope. I've tried Sevin, Organicide, Bug-Be-Gone, hosing them off - all to no avail. I'm at a loss; does anybody have any suggestion?

I do have some success to report though. My Blue Lake and Purple Bush Queen green beans are doing well, and since Tplant told me about the Bug-Be-Gone, my Silver Queen and Ruby Queen Corn are doing great. As are my peppers and broccoli, so most things are looking good. I also started a 4X4 SFQ where I planted things like radishes, carrots, lettuce, spinach, etc - a buffet table for the bunnies, as it were!

Anyway, I read thatt Diazanon and Malathion can be used for spider mites. . . would anyone recommend trying either of those? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Pam

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i would try puffing some diatomaceous earth under the leaves (and i'll drop some off to you if you don't make it to lowe's). i'll try and remember to bring the puffer along too! lol

Umatilla, FL(Zone 9a)

Ah, Track, whatever would I do without you? Diatonaceous earth. . . .who knew? I'll be waiting with bated breath - unless I pull the remnants of the things out, that is! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.