THe coolest thing happend to me this afternoon.

Jacksonville, FL

I was moving some things around on my deck and when I moved a cinderblock that was up against my bog garden I found an egg. I knew it was an anole egg as I find them all the time and they run rampant in my yard. So I clutched it in my hand and bent down to see if I could find any others as i was going to relocate them to a spot inwhich I have found other eggs. As I bent down I felt my palm get wet and immediately thought.." Oh no I've crushed the egg!!" Then I opend my hand and saw the lizard neonate hatch in my hand!! It was so cool. I brought it inside and put it in an old terrarium so I can show my husband when he gets home. I just thought that was cool...it was captive hatched LOL. I will release him in the am on to my banana trees with his brethren.

Thumbnail by chubbydoll
Marlton, NJ

That is way cool!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Neat!!

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

That's cool! We have them all over but I've never noticed eggs. What do they look like?

You know if he hatched in your hand he probably bonded with you instantly. He will be looking to you as his 'mama'. lol!

Jacksonville, FL

Thewy are small about the size of a dime but oblong and I find them alot in the humous under leaf litter, or in my pots in which stay moist.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

We have babies everywhere right now. I'll have to start watching for eggs.

Jacksonville, FL

I forgo to update all on the baby anole. I released it the next night and it jumped on my hand before taking off on my banana tree.

Thumbnail by chubbydoll
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Neat !

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

I told you it had bonded with you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.