Irises sold by TIG on Ebay

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I did not realize there were so many different ones. I went through Ebay and came up with these. I am NOT saying these are wrong!!! I am just listing those irises that I know were sold by TIG on Ebay. If you purchased any of these from TIG you might want to see if they bloom true next year.

ACCENT
ACT OF KINDNESS
AGGRESSIVELY FOWARD
ANGEL KISS
APOLLO ONE
ARCTIC FOX
BARBARA MY LOVE
BAZAAR
BEAUTIFUL VISION
BEWILDERBEAST
BRAVE FACE
BROADWAY STAR
CALDRON
CAROLINE JANE
CHANGE OF PACE
CHATTER
CHICKASAW SUE
CHINA WALK
CHUCKWAGON
CINNAMON GIRL
COLORGLO
COLOR GLORY
COMPETITIVE EDGE
CONFIDANTE
CRANBERRY ICE
CRAZY IN LOVE
DRAGONS BREATH
EDITH WOLFORD
FALL FIESTA
FOREVER STUNNINING
FORSEAN
FULL TIDE
GNUS FLASH
HUCKLEBERRY FUDGE
INCA CHIEF
JITTERBUG
KOOL KNIGHT
LADY FRIEND
LOVERS CHARM
MAYTIME
MELLOW DREAMER
MIDNIGHT JEWEL
MIDNIGHT PASSION
MO-TOWN SISTER
NATURES BLESSING
PEACHES & CREAM
PEARLS DREAMER
PORT WINE
PRIDE FOR ALL
RECURRING BLISS
RHYTHM MOON
SEA FARER
SMILING GOLD
SPRING DUSK
STAR SURGE
SURPRISE
ZIGGY

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Are you sure you have your acronymn correct? TIG could mean The Iris Garden
which is listed as in England and New Zealand. The issue, apparently, involves
the-iris-cottage which is probably a ripoff of The Iris Cottage--note the difference.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

the iris garden which we have been discussing here

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

So many mis-representations on ebay by a few make it difficult for serious iris sellers to get decent bids.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

you are absolutely right...and I have said that all along. Ebay should listen to buyers!!!
Deb

Lebanon, OR

They should but trust me they do not....I have expressed numberous times of mine and others photos being used without our premission, of iris that are NOT a registered iris when they state they are.

Too bad that a tiny few can maybe ruin it for the ones that honest, hard working and HONEST sellers.

I have expressed my feelings about the new feedback rules, the new format, the new rulings on postage...NOTHING except dog dooo

Santa Ynez, CA

yeah some of us are trying to sell on ebay and they are not making it easy and some of the other sellers are making it tough for us new guys, trying to do things right!!!

Lebanon, OR

keep doing it right and you will get a following.

D

Santa Ynez, CA

thanks, Dee

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Yeah!!! I would like to know Ebay names of trusted iris sellers from here so if I ever buy on there again...I will knoe who to buy from!! Anyone want to let us know their Ebay name?
Deb

Santa Ynez, CA

I am Kitttty-kat

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks!! If I buy from Ebay again...I will remember! I have pretty much quit Ebay...the reason being...my hubby hates for me to do it!!! But you never know...those irises can be terribly alluring!
He likes me on here better!!! He is even taking care of my trade packages when they arrive.( I am currently away visiting my daughter and her family.) Of course, I had to tell him that sprinkling the iris rhizomes was not the thing to do!! LOL!!!)
Deb

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

For those of you who have issues with ebay, remember, the Lord works in
mysterious ways. There was an article in the STL PD about ebay--far too
long to try to remember, but, ebay has it's share of problems. New leaders,
rearranging their "business model", pretending to meet their customer's needs,
stock values in the tank etc.

Someone suggested a possible internet market for irises on Dave's Garden.
That would be something to look into if you could get some of the major growers
to join with the minor growers. They could have a place to unload a lot of their
surplus non-catalog irises in a way where there would not be any cut throat
competition. Possibly, only DG members could sell their private irises on the
market. Think in terms of a 'farmer's market' to be policed by their own members.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Great idea!!

Cherryvale, KS

That would be great!! I can't always sell what I need to in this area! And of course others, I don't have enough!LOL My business plan is to break even, and maybe help pay for nationals next year!LOL Hope to meet some of you in KC!! If I ever send the wrong thing, e==mail me and I'll ship at my expense, if you paid for them!! If they were free forget it!! LOL Went to farmers market once this year, did pretty good, but with the knee it was difficult! Neither one of my clubs had sales this year because of the RAIN! My iris will need alot of thinning next June!! Oh! and Happy Sunday my BIF's!!

Shepherd, MT

I asked DG about a plant auction like e bay has , they said they have a marketplace, where you can sell your plants to other members.

Along with The-Iris-Cottage, I was contacted by a Dave's member about another seller that used her pictures that had a Dave's copyright on it, on e bay for there auction Riversrubies, I did get a couple of iris from this person so will see if they are true.

These have been true for me.

TnTigger is great.
Hisirisgarden D Headrick is a iris hybridzer and has a garden in Ca
Redoo7
Blomma2
Greenriver
Hearthstone
Kimmie
Zacattack
Turtle Jim and Iris fan will not sell e bay any more
Serendipity iris

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i posted this here
need support!!!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/912359/

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm familiar with Tntigger and Zacattack from their photos and posts here at DG so I know they are great.

I've purchased from Hearthstone and Greenriverdr and received beautiful true to name iris.

Those are the only ones I've had any experience with.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

I recently read in the newspaper that ebay owned paypal. I have never
purchased from ebay and have no plans to ever do so but, if ebay charges
for it's service then charges for the exchange of funds plus taking a
commission from the shipping, it is no wonder they don't want to rock the
boat.

Lebanon, OR

Look at the stocks BEFORE the bail out, plus they are having to lay off...handwriting on the wall

Shepherd, MT

Yeah e bay is getting out of hand with there fee's, they bought out Paypal. Many honest sellers are leaving e bay and getting there own web sites for much less then they pay for monthly fees. When I sold on there the last time, $300 in fee's was taken out . To much. I disputed the fee's but e bay would not budge on it. many were double fee's taken for the same item.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have never bought iris or any other plant on ebay. I meet tntigger at the AIS convention each year and have long admired her excellent photographs. She is a lovely person, and though I have never bought an iris from her, it is hard to imagine that she would be less than outstanding.
I know zacattack from the forum and can't imagine him being a bad seller. In fact, I didn't know he was a seller at all!
I don't buy iris on ebay for several reasons -- mostly because the shipping is pretty expensive if one doesn't buy more than one rhizome and I rarely find more than one that I don't have.
I also understand that Margiempv (Margie Valenzuela) from Dave's Garden is a frequent seller on ebay, especially of her own introductions. I would always trust her.

Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thank you maincoon,dmac085 and patjaritomt, I appreciate your kind words very very much.
I have just now got around to downloading pictures from this year's convention. It has been so much fun looking through the blooms now, when only a handful are reblooming here in Tennessee.
I came across a few that were wrong, it could have been me or a few switched tags,probably both!
Naturally I've fallen in love with one that I don't have a name for, so if anyone could id it I would greatly appreciate it. I believe I had it down as a Burseen iris but it also could be a seedling?

Thumbnail by Tntigger
Shepherd, MT

I was going to post earlier and say how I have to buy from Tntigger and I was hoping you would get your own website. Got all them iris planted, my postal carrier did not like it much when she had to carry 5 boxes just from you and 4 from other iris garden's to my door step
all the same day.

Since Irisladyto on e bay is Margiempv she can be added to the true iris sellers list for e bay

Here are more e bay iris sellers to add to the true list

Irisladyto
Stoutsgarden - has a website
Country delight- who now has her own website

And of course we can't forget to order from D,

void Iris-cottage and I guess Riversrubies is doing the same as Iris- Cottage they have used other people's pictures instead of there own

I heard Google is going to start an e bay like auction on there site, any body else hear of this

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

tntigger,
I think your white iris photo may be of Bride's Blush by M. Sutton, 2004. Here is the description of it from the R&I:

(Michael Sutton, R. 2003) Sdlg. K-74. TB, 37" (94 cm), ML & RE
S. white, midrib flushed champagne pink; style arms white; F. pale cream, shoulders apricot orange; beards pale yellow, hairs tipped tangerine, slight fuzzy white horn; ruffled, laced; slight sweet fragrance. American Eagle X Fashion Designer. Sutton 2004

And I will attach my photo of Bride's Blush. I did get a shot of the label on this one.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks pajaritomt, but this one has slight gold edging on the tops and the beards are really bright. I'm begining to wonder if its Angel's Awe.

Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

I forgot our picture of it

Thumbnail by Tntigger
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Possibly, but I didn't photograph Angel's Awe, so can't help you there.

Gilbertsville, KY(Zone 7a)

Tntigger, I also took a picture of this cultivar at the Austin convention, and also I took a picture of the tag. It was listed as "Don't Miss This" by T. Burseen 2004., however, the AIS checklist for "Don't Miss This" does not describe the flower and was registered by Burseen in 2003. There is no AIS checklist listing for Angel's Awe.

Thumbnail by dd95172
South Hamilton, MA

2004 would be the date of introduction.

South Hamilton, MA

Don't Miss This (Burseen r. 2003) TB 36" EM S. white, slight yellow midrib; style arms white. F.white, large yellow gold shoulders; beards dark gold;ruffled;pronounced sweet fragrance. It seems strange that the yellow edges to the standards is not mentioned. the picture should probably be sent to tom to ask him to confirm the plant. Some plants did get mixed up at Austin. the discription was in the 2003 reg & intro (R & I) to most people.

Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi dd95172, I got the same name at the convention on a few places, I think maybe 2 gardens were misnamed on this iris.
Here is Van Liere's intro of Angel's Awe, I don't know why its not in the registry yet;
http://www.iris4u.com/crosses/introductions-2007.html

Here's pictures of Don't Miss This-(Tom Burseen, R. 2003) Sdlg. 99-94A. TB, 36" (91 cm), EM
S. white, slight yellow midrib; style arms white; F. white, large yellow gold shoulders; beards dark gold; ruffled; pronounced sweet fragrance. 96-114A: (Electrique x 93-295: (Deity x ((Witches' Sabbath x Touch of Bronze) x Inaugural Ball))) X Cookie Combo. TB's Place
2004http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/123283/

I think someone told me that a few critters in Texas played havoc with the tags at some locations.
Both are nice irises though.

South Hamilton, MA

I would say that the picture shown by parjaitmont is really Angel's Awe. Note the yellow edge on the standards. I didn't find the registration for Angel's Awe either. sometimes the hybridizers are careless about it (drives the registrars nuts). I went back several yrs & didnt find reg. For yearly registrations, you have to check the R & I. they can be reistered several years before intro. as it takes awhile to build up stock. We usually register the yr. before intro. the name mayhave been reserved & forgot to do the registration.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Someone asked about the ID of the seller..it is NOT TIG it was supposed to be the-iris-cottage on Ebay,

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

The iris registration database on line is not completely up to date. It always lags the registrations about a year. You won't find much on any of the 2008 irises and most 2007 ones aren't in it either. I guess they do the data entry as they can afford it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.